Toolbar Buttons 1.0.2
Toolbar Buttons is the single biggest button pack for Firefox or Thunderbird there is. There are now nearly 150 Firefox and 100 for Thunderbird. You will find buttons that enable hidden functionality or is too many clicks away, but some of the best buttons are those unique to the extension. For example from some of out most popular buttons, there are menu items for, Options, Bookmark Manager, Bookmark Page, and Add-ons, but for Snap Back, Restart and about:config there is no existing user interface. There have been nearly 2 million downloads to date.
To find out more information about each of the buttons, please see our Button List which has descriptions of all the buttons.
Once installed to get started using the buttons open the Customize Coolbar window by either right clicking on the toolbar and selecting Customize from the pop up menu or going View then Toolbars then Customize and from the window that opens up you can drag the buttons to your toolbar.
- We have received many requests for new buttons to be added to the extension, and we are working towards adding them in.
- Working towards having the translations updated.
- Re-touching some of larger 24x24 icons.
- Fixing any bugs found or reported.
1.0.2 Release NotesReleased Nov. 20, 2014
- Fixed some icons not showing.
- Fixed a problem that caused Firefox to hang on start up.
- Restored the Resize Search Bar button, that had been left out of the previous release.
- Fixed many of the broken SeaMonkey buttons.
- Fixed how some windows opened, since they were opening with the wrong size.
Compatibility: Firefox 3.0 to 37.0, Postbox 1.0.0 to 3.0.*, SeaMonkey 2.0 to 2.34, Sunbird 1.0b1 to 1.0pre, Thunderbird 3.0 to 37.0
For other versions of toolbar buttons see: all release notes.
If you don't want to have all the button in Toolbar Buttons, but rather just the sub set that you want, you can use the Custom Button Maker to create just that. It allows you to select buttons from a list and have an extension made with just your selection. It also has a number of extra features over the main release:
- New buttons that we have made, but have not yet decided to put into the released version of Toolbar Buttons.
- The option of generating toolbars to hold the buttons that you want.
- The option of using larger icon sizes.
- An optional experimental feature that creates a menu to access all the buttons.
- Extra settings to change in the options window, and extra features on a few buttons.
The Custom Button Maker also servers as a testing ground for new buttons and features, those that prove popular are added to the main extension.
Translation, Please Help!
Toolbar Buttons depends on volunteers for translations. Could you help out? Can you be that one in 10,000 person that needs to respond to have all the translations finished? If you can, please head over to BabelZilla and sign up to Toolbar Buttons translation team!
Text Formatting Toolbar
Text Formatting Toolbar contains buttons and other tools to help you format text on forums as BBcode or HTML along with the format used by Wikipedia. It's aim is to turn the task of formatting web posts into something enjoyable. Download the Text Formatting Toolbar.