Post new Reply

Hi from Berlin,

I'm using Fx 36 (Nightly) and 24ESR on two different machines. I've got Toolbar Buttons v. 0.6.0.8 on both machines, but I'm actually using buttons from the Custom Button Maker. The two I use are Minimum Font Size and Page Fonts.

Just for the record, I also use the Red Cats Green Flavor theme on both machines. AND I'm using the "text only" customization.

I've tried both of your recent updates and have been able to get both to work, again using Custom Button Maker.

The problem is that with the two most recent updates, I'm not able to see on the button whether the setting is on or off.

With v. 0.6.0.8, when the function is on, the button font is dark red and the button has a dark red frame. With the updates, when I click one of the two buttons, it becomes "light", but then it goes back to looking like all the other buttons - meaning I have no visual signal whether the function is on or off.

I've even uninstalled the old version first and discovered that I was able to install the two buttons without it! However, the result was the same as with the two new updates. From what I'm able to see, only v. 0.6.0.8 produces the result I want.

In case all this isn't clear, here's a link to a screenshot that shows how I want the buttons to appear.
http://edu-net.net/images/buttons.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Edited by JoeG on Nov. 21, 2014, 9:38 a.m.
Reason: Add info

ReportQuote
Hi from Rome,

This was deliberate because some people thought that it was ugly when it did that, and not needed when the icon indicates the status. I could add a setting so this is configurable, but I am a little reluctant because of the work involved.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Ciao Michael,

Oh, OK. As I mentioned, I use the "text-only" UI, so I don't see the icon.

Actually, for my purpose, as far as I can see, the old version is fine. It's just a pain that I always get informed of the updates.

Whatever.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
ReportQuote
Ok so I am going to go back on this. There was a bug I found with the setting of the state of buttons, so I have to update this code now. I will throw in a check for when you are using text only, so things should be how you want them in the next update.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thank you very much for informing me.
ReportQuote
Hi, and happy holidays.

I was informed that 1.03 is now available. It appears that you didn't get around to resolving my issue.

I hope you'll have a bit of time to try to fix it in the next version.

Thanks.

Best regards,
JoeG
ReportQuote
You can think of 1.0.3 as the beta to 1.0.4 (1.0.3 is only available via the Custom Button Maker, or if you are a translator for the extension). When 1.0.4 is out your bug will be fixed.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thank you for taking the time on the holiday to reply.

Best regards,
JoeG
ReportQuote
Hi again,

Version 1.0.4a came out today, but I'm afraid my issue hasn't been fixed.

Thanks.
ReportQuote
Really? It is working for me if I change the toolbar to text only mode.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thank you for your reply.

I'm using the Classic Theme Restorer (1.2.8.2); under the setting "Toolbars (1)" I have it set to "Show text only".

Hmmm, I just noticed that under the group of settings called "Classic Theme Restorer" -> "Other Settings", there's an option called "Extra buttons in 'customizing' mode".

I wonder if that could have anything do do with it ....
ReportQuote
It does not sound like the right setting to effect this, but I will switch to my other profile latter, where I have Classic Theme Restorer installed, and check if that extension could be effecting it.
It also should not matter how you set the toolbar to text only, but do you want to see if using my toolbar display button makes any difference, as that is what I am using when testing this.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Jan. 10, 2015, 5:20 p.m.

ReportQuote
OK, I've installed Toolbar Buttons 1.0.4a1 again and tried "Extra buttons in 'customizing' mode" both with and without the "check" mark.

Sorry, but there's still no dark red font or frame.

Have I mentioned that I'm using 64-bit Fx 37 (Nightly) on 64-bit Win 7?

Thanks for your ongoing help.
ReportQuote
OK, I've installed both Toolbar Buttons 1.0.4a1 and Toolbar Display Button 1.0.4a1.

I don't see where the latter offers any Options at all to "Set the toolbar icon size ..."
http://www.edu-net.net/images/buttons2.jpg
ReportQuote
It is a toolbar button like all the others, you need to add it to your toolbar to use it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
OK, but how? The other ones appeared automatically when I installed the extension. This one is nowhere to be seen except in and add--ons manager.
ReportQuote
Custom Toolbar window?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
"Custom Toolbar window?"

I've looked all over, but I can't find it. I know how to open the "Customize" window in Fx37, but it's not there.
ReportQuote
Sorry for not replying, I have exams soon, so am a little busy. Did you get this resolved?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for your message.

No, I still haven't figured it out, but it' really not urgent.

Good luck with your exams.

By the way, I've gone back to v. 06.6.8 or whatever the last one that works for me is. Interestingly, Fx 38 has stopped offering me updates of your extension.
ReportQuote

Post new Reply