Post new Reply

@eric, thank you very much for your help. :)

Regards
Wojtek
ReportQuote
@HpK I will be trying to do the first two you ask for soon. The last two I don't think I can do, at least I can't open the window, I might be able to display something that has most of information.

@eric nice to here from you again. I believe you have emailed me a few times in the past :)

Been a busy week so I have not got much done. I have been working on the page colors button. I have something so far that removes most colors (still missing some less used cases). It can then restore what it has done most of the time, though not always. It is still tab specific, it you need press every time a page opens. I would like to get something more like how for example uBlock Origin works.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
yes, it was me. :)
ReportQuote
@Wojtek, I hope that does the trick for you. It has been a godsend for me. Now if I could just figure out a way to darken the amo pages with WE... seriously considering a drop down window film to place over the computer screen. There is an addon called ReStyle which is supposed to override some of the WE limits with userscipts but I haven't had any luck with it. It always fails to convert the scripts to css. Probably user error.
ReportQuote
There is no way your going to be messing with AMO pages from webextensions, they are just not going to allow it.

I have had to give up on the page colors button. All the security restrictions means that what ever I try never works well on all sites. Extensions just don't have special privileges they used to have. So yeah a few hours wasted with nothing much to show for it...

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Sept. 7, 2017, 6:26 a.m.

ReportQuote
Well I fooled them. I downloaded an external screen dimmer which I can switch on and off when I go to the AMO pages. That'll teach 'em! ;)
ReportQuote
I would need the "Close Tab" Button please!
Many thanks in advance :)
ReportQuote
I will be doing a close tab button soon.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi Michael
Sorry to bother you again, but I found two more buttons I miss badly:
- Page setup
- Print preview
Mtks HpK
ReportQuote
Custom Link Button Maker: However I configure/install the add-on, it appears to install properly, but when I click the new button, nothing happens. I'm using Firefox 55.
ReportQuote
@Ryan Looks like I introduced a bug in my attempts to get javascript: urls to work. Should be working again now if you recreate the add-on.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Custom Link Button Maker is now working.
Many thanks.
ReportQuote
On the custom link maker is the open in new tab or same tab option reversed or am I just having a weird morning?
ReportQuote
ok, I wasn't logged in earlier and was too lazy to sign in. The option to open in a new tab seems to be on the fritz. I tried creating the addon several times. Same result except that once when I checked same tab it worked in a new tab until I corrected it in options. Then it was over with. It then only worked in same tab and that's all I've been able to get to work since.
ReportQuote
Ok, I will look into it properly when I have the time. I might have messed something up again.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
When trying to install the Send Without Save buttonĀ¹ in Thunderbird 56, i am getting this:

"Send Without Save Button could not be installed because it is not compatible with Thunderbird 56.0"

i am able to install others (e.g. Redo, Undo, Profile, Skip Trash, Compact, etc).

#appreciation
ReportQuote
@eye2i I think I need to bump the max version up. But this is also off topic for this thread.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Sorry been slow with this, just uploaded three more. Print Preview, Copy Tab and Stop All. Others coming as fast as free time allows.

Going back to the Page Colors Button that people were asking for, it is starting to look hopeful again. They seem to be willing to loosen things up so it might be possible to do it well. The bug is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1393022

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Sept. 29, 2017, 8:17 a.m.

ReportQuote
Hi Michael. Tks for the new buttons. I am afraid to report, that nothing happens when klicking the "print preview"-button :-( ??
ReportQuote
@HpK Sorry that is me being lazy and not checking the min version needed for the API call. You need Firefox 56+.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply