Post new Reply

Hello Michael, which on the last FF version did your 1.1.1 work with ?
ReportQuote
Thank you for creating this wonderful set of addons!

I would GREATLY appreciate a working version of Zoom Text Only - I use it all the time, and was really upset when the Firefox update from yesterday disabled it!

Many thanks!

PS: I tried downloading the xpi to install manually, but Firefox said it was “corrupted”.
ReportQuote
@Eirik K You will not be able to install most of them. They are either no signed, or not compatible with the latest version. I am working on it.

@Buzzliteyear Firefox 54 was the last version it would work on.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Aug. 18, 2017, 12:32 a.m.

ReportQuote
@J. L. Sullivan I will be trying to recreate this button. But at this stage I don't know what is possible to do or not to do.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
QUOTE: *
Are there particular buttons that are essential for you? I might be able to see if they are possible to quickly port across.

Dear Michael, first thanks alot for these helpful tools. I have also used for years, but they stopped work with the latest uppdate to Firefox 55.

For my part, I allway used "Bookmark current page", "Stop reloading all pages" and the green reload button.(see image)

https://s30.postimg.org/59mq8186p/tool.jpg
ReportQuote
A "Bookmark current page" is now built into Firefox (was not when Toolbar Buttons first started - it was the very first button!) so no real need I see for that one? Or is there some important difference to you? Stop loading all pages I could do soonish, as it should be easier. The reload button you are after is done Go get it!

I have not done much for a few days, just been a little busy. Also need to adapt my tools for managing my extensions for the new WebExtensions, so that is slowing me down too. I will get there slowly.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Aug. 19, 2017, 6:09 a.m.

ReportQuote
Thanks! Got the reload button, and think I found the "bookmark page", you mean click "bookmarks" and then "bookmark this page"?
One click more, but that's not really much trouble. (Or can there be activated a button for this in Firefox? I can't see it anywhere)

So then most things I needed is back. No big hurry with the "stop" button, but it was nice to have some times :)

Thanks again for the good work
ReportQuote
No, there is a button. Too lazy to take a screen shot tonight, but here is someone else's

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Aug. 20, 2017, 8:01 a.m.

ReportQuote
oobs. aja of course. I thought that was something else, because there was a similar button like that(star) before showing something different( a line or someting).
Thanks again :)
ReportQuote
Thanks for all your work. Do you think it will it be possible to create the extension to show/hide the "Bookmark Toolbar"?
ReportQuote
@Ryan. At the moment no. WebExtensions can't access toolbars in any way.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I first wanted to say how much I too have appreciated the Custom Buttons & Toolbar Buttons extensions over the years! Very glad to hear both that some time has freed up for you and compatibility with 57+ checking/updating has begun.

Buttons i used and thus would luv to be sure they're brought forward if possible (i actually had a good many of them, including most menu/toolbar ones, in my customization¹), listed by priority order preference:

* Undo Last Change
* Redo Last Change
* Bookmarks (that opens the popup window)
* Open Extension Manager (ditto the popup window)
* Reload w/o cache
* Stop Loading (this tab and all tabs)
* Clear & Focus (for both url & search bars)
* Write a new email
* about:config

(fwiw, i liked your Find, Page Info, and Page Source buttons better than the defaults too)

#appreciation

I usually only use these buttons:
Page Down
Page Up
Page Home
Page End

If these are easy to reproduce on the new FF, I will highly appreciate your efforts. Thank you
ReportQuote
@peerie

They are going to be a little more complex then they are now, but still quite possible. I am also extra committed to them as I released them as a seprate extension some time ago and I want to update it asap.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Aug. 22, 2017, 6:19 a.m.

ReportQuote
Very nice to see the new listings for updates and legacy; thank you for those. :)

Regarding Thunderbird, i've not heard whether the changes affecting Firefox 55+ will have the same impact on Tb; will some buttons become Legacy for it as well now/eventually with it's latest updates?

While i use a lot of your buttons on Tb as well, a couple i repeatedly use are:
* Skip Trash
* Send Without Save
ReportQuote
Thunderbird (SeaMonkey, PaleMoon etc) are not looking to use WebExtensions at this time from what I understand. I may in fact do a new release of Toolbar Buttons just supporting these programs. The Toolbar Button Maker now only supports them (it will not create extensions that can be installed in Firefox).

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi there - the ones I used all the time were:
>Stop All
>Top
>Bottom

I used those a lot.

If there's secondary list, of ones I used frequently but not constantly, it'd be:
>Close Other Tabs
>Bookmark All
>Undo Close Tab

I don't know what's involved in making buttons, but if you're thinking about making some, those are the ones I use.

Edited by ockraz on Aug. 22, 2017, 9:51 p.m.

ReportQuote

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi, can you make a combo of keys or "short cut" to toggle page colors if the buttons are not available? And thank you for your hard work in the extensions, they helped me a lot.
ReportQuote

Post new Reply