Thread Closed

I love Text Formatting Toolbar and without it my productivity is slowed. Are there any plans to update it? Do you need to raise donations?
ReportQuote
Me too
ReportQuote
I have it working to some extent, its a bit tricky and its not perfect, I've had some problems with BBcode, less with HTML (I also have BBCodeExtra installed, so I can fall back to it, its FF4 certified)

First you need to install MR Tech Toolkit. You'll need the FF4 version, which is in beta testing. You can get it from the Mozillazine site - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=669795. Some features aren't working yet. I suggest starting at the end of the thread/topic and work backwards a couple of pages, you'll find link to latest version - something like "mrte.ch/toolkit"

Then you need to go to MR Tech Toolkit->Options->Miscellaneous->XPI Install Options and in there UNCHECK Enable Addons Compatibility Checking

Then the 3.6 version can be enabled. Probably a good idea to have any other FF4 incompatible extensions disabled, until you're ready to check them out. The current versions of AutoCopy & Clear Seem to be working OK in this mode.

I get the feeling that there's not a lot needs doing to the extension to get it working under FF4.

Edited by RightPaddock on March 24, 2011, 7:20 a.m.

ReportQuote
What is MR Tech Toolkit?
ReportQuote
QUOTE:
I love Text Formatting Toolbar and without it my productivity is slowed. Are there any plans to update it? Do you need to raise donations?

I need to raise time, I am just really busy with other stuff.

QUOTE:
I get the feeling that there's not a lot needs doing to the extension to get it working under FF4.

Yes and no. There is not a lot needed to make it work, there is a lot needed though to confirm with the addons.mozilla.org guidelines. They have changed a lot since the extension was last released.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Even if you get the extension working, the custom buttons function doesn't work. what's the use!Waiting for fully functional TFT update.
ReportQuote
As stated a few times before, I am not maintaining the extension right now, though I would be interested in anyone that wanted to.
Don't expect an update.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Michael is there another addon out there that does some of what yours does? I need something that allows me to put text in it and strips out formatting (such as Word). And opposed to Notepad, puts in a small area so I don't have to scroll to see one line.
ReportQuote
Very nice addon. I'm waiting for it in 4.0.
ReportQuote
I'm not installing Firefox 4.0 until TFT is available. Screw 'em.
ReportQuote
I installed the one from AMO 0,1,4,10 into version 4.0 without any problems - it was 0.1.4.12 that wouldn't install

http://is100.imagesocket.com/thumbs/2011/04/03/codefisherjpgzprc.jpg
ReportQuote
@In and out
You might be without Firefox 4.0 for sometime then.

@RightPaddock
It does install, kind off, but I understand quite a few things are not working. So good luck there.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
@RightPaddock Thanks so much for figuring out that version 0.1.4.10 works -- I've been lost without it.
Link for everyone: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/text-formatting-toolbar/
ReportQuote
30 April 2011

dear Michael,

Thank you for your earlier work on the TFT. It is of great assistance. I was disappointed after installing FF4.0 to learn that the TFT extension I was using was not compatible. After reading this forum, I am now pleased to learn that TFT version 0.1.4.10 works--have already installed it. So, thank you.

To provide a more tangible reflection of my thanks, I've sent a small donation via paypal.

Please keep up the good work, and

Take good care,
Sandy
ReportQuote
Sorry but why don't you upload version 0.1.4.12 to AMO?

Version 0.1.4.10 that you uploaded there has a bug in Colors button.
ReportQuote
Thank you for information sharing, it useful to me.

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReportQuote
In all seriousness, this extension is more valuable to me than any other aspect of Firefox. I have to do a lot of tagging of text in boxes, and I have another little add-on called My Words that allows me to insert a piece of custom text. But it can't enclose selected text in begin and end tags, so it barely gets me by. I'd really love to see this updated.
ReportQuote

Thread Closed