Thread Closed

Although your site says "All buttons should work in Firefox 3 now.",
Toolbar buttons 0.5.0.3 will not install with FF v.3b5. (Mac)

=/

Interesting, because even though the extension was disabled when I launched FF3 for the first time, the toolbar that I had created in FF2 still "kinda" worked (but I could not add anything to it), and the "Add new Toolbar" button still shows up in my customize toolbar dialog.

Great extension... but I'm missing it.
ReportQuote
The "Add new Toolbar" is a feature in Firefox by default; Thunderbird however lacks it. If you read the description closely you might notice that.

When you try to install it, what error messages do you get, if any? What does happen? Does it simply say it is not compatible? I don't know if I am quite up to date with the latest betas. So you could just try turning off compatibility checking, the about:config entry is called extensions.checkCompatibility and needs to be set to false. I don't think it exists by default so you may need to create it.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanx, Michael...

Yes, the error was just "Not compatible". I did as you suggested and created and disabled extensions.compatiblityChecking, and Toolbar buttons is back. Great tip, btw.

Everything seems to be working fine so far (FF 3b5). I only run like 3 or 4 extensions, so I don't expect that I'll have trouble with conflicts...

Thanx again.
ReportQuote
hi,

like ya toolbar very much, but seems no good idea to toogle off compatiblityChecking, cause some other addons may crash.

I would be very pleased for another solution

regards from germany
ReportQuote
Not many add-ons really do cause crashes, I know of one out of the ones I use. But hay that caused Firefox 2 to crash too, just not when starting up.
I would give it a try, the it is very easy to turn off as it makes a yellow bar in the options window show warning you about it.
The other solution is a bit tricker and is documented at http://codefisher.org/tech/editing-extenions

I will release the next update next Friday, as that is the day of my last mid-term exam. I don't really want to release an update then have to deal with all the questions that follows just before an exam.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
when will be update for ff3 RC?
ReportQuote
This weekend maybe. It takes about 2 hours to do a new release of the extension and I am very busy this week (lots of stuff due on Friday).

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
that's great man. very useful addon
ReportQuote

Thread Closed