Thread Closed

I'd like to use format toolbar as part of my thunderbird extension. I need a toolbar to give format to the text of a frame in a window...

Of course, I'll give credit :)
I have 2 problems:
I've tried to install the extension in Thunderbird 3.x.x but it doesn't seem to work.
How can I insert the toolbar in my own window?

Thanks for reading
ReportQuote
Have you read and understood the FAQ http://codefisher.org/faq/formatting_toolbar ?

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I'm trying to show that thunderbird toolbar, but I don't know how...
Help!
ReportQuote
I mean, thunderbird has its own toolbar for HTML, but I'm not able to show it in my own window, can you tell me how can I include it in my own XUL window?

Thanks for reading
ReportQuote
If you follow the link at the end of the FAQ, you get this page http://codefisher.org/projects/extra_format_buttons which does explain it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I had a look to that link, but I'm not sure if you understand my problem.
You have done an extension that adds some buttons to the thunderbird format toolbar.
But my problem is simple:
What I need is to show the format toolbar programatically in my own extension, not in the compose window, but in a window I've programmed in XUL.
That should be very simple, but I don't know how to do it.
I've tried to overlay the messengercompose.xul file over my own window, but lots of elements appear and I don't want them in my window, I just want the toolbar (in fact, I don't need more buttons in the Thunderbird format toolbar, the standard one should be right)

Hope I can do this...
ReportQuote
Sorry I admit that I hardly read you post, I just saw "format-toolbar" and "thunderbird" and started giving my normal replies.

The only simple way I can think of doing this is to copy and paste xul from the Thunderbird window to your own, along with the needed supporting JS. XUL does not provide a means for getting element Y from window X into your own.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed