Thread Closed

"Only show one icon" only works when "always show tray icon" checked

Was this done on purpose or is this a bug?

I want only one icon visible when browser window minimized, EVEN when there are multiple windows.

Is this possible?
ReportQuote
It is deliberate, newer versions should prevent you activating it unless you have the previous setting enabled.

Do you have an objection to always showing the tray icon that you would not want to enable that to?

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for the quick reply. This extension is really helpful.

I was hoping that the icon would show in the tray ONLY when browser is minimized, no matter how many windows there are.

So if you have two Firefox windows, and one of the windows is minimized, then the icon would show in the tray. If both (or more) windows are minimized, then still one icon shows in the tray.

But if all windows are maximized, then no icon.

Just like Firefox has the option to only show tabs when there is more than one tab.
ReportQuote
I would have to reimplement both features to make it work like that, and it would cause more edge cases and destroy some of the features of the current implementation. So I am not going to change it. So if you want just the one icon your just going to have to live with it always being visible.

Sorry if I sound grumpy, but I am. Been helping run linux.conf.au all week and I am really tried from it.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed