Thread Closed

Why does codefisher.org bring up Firefox and load up every time I reboot my system? Your site is NOT my home page and I am NOT starting Firefox on bootup.... this is happening all on it's own. Since installing "Toolbar Buttons 0.5.0.3" a few days ago this has been happening and I don't like it! I uninstalled this addon and it still does it! What's up???? For me this puts your program and site in the category of a VIRUS.
ReportQuote
This is a very weird thing, I suggest you check what's starting up at the same time with your OS. Install this thing that I've been using since ages. It tells you in different sections what's all starting up. It doesn't need an installation and works within a second after DL.

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Unless you know what you're doing I shouldn't uncheck anything unless you see FF starting up together with your OS.

The only thing I can imagine right now is that by some bug or whatever your FF is set to start up at boot and codefisher is set to home page of FF. That last you can check right away. On the other hand I use the Noscripts extension for FF and scripts from codefisher are blocked (which is standard procedure for the NoScript extension)

I just saw under the "contact" tab on top right o/t home page that the author is kinda busy these days but you can PM him by Mail
ReportQuote
I would say that for some reason that changes to your profile where not getting saved. As you suggested at http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=81 kind of a hung install. The extension is supposed to open up that page when run for the first time after an update. It creates a new preference once this is done to say not to do so again. So for some reason this was not being done.

The contact page also says questions about emails will no be replied to , so no point mention that.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Same problem here with 0.5.0.4. I have it installed in Sunbird 0.8 and TB 2.0.0.14, but don't know which is causing it. I attempted to restart both, but neither popuped up the page in an existing FF window. Rather frustrating as I have enough extensions installed in Firefox that it takes forever to start up.

Will Pittenger
ReportQuote
Try reinstalling it in both. It is supposed to turn itself off after the first run, unless one of them is not saving the new setting. Which could be because they are not shutting down correctly.
I feel it is important to show that page, else people will not go looking for new button etc.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed