Thread Closed

Using the latest toolbar button release on Firefox 2.0.0.13, I selected a pile of new custom toolbar buttons, installed them, restarted Firefox, opened customize to add new icons, saw some missing but added some without icons anyway -- figured a temporary glitch --, then Done andmy navigation toolbar suddenly had a pile of existing button icons disappear -- the space for the icon was present but there was no icon. Some new buttons appeared and some do not. I tried the install again. No good. I (mistakenly) asked for the default set -- and lost my custom set (arrgg) -- and added another button that had no icon. Still no icon appeared. I installed the text formatting toolbar of codefisher's and -- perhaps unrelated or apples vs. oranges -- there is only a subset showing in that toolbar. OK, I know: reboot: no good: some icons still do not show.

Which ones? Examples that do not have icons, which I used to have in my navigation toolbar: stop all, next tab; examples that do have icons: reload tabs, new window

Any procedure to view the missing icons?
ReportQuote
From what you have said it sounds like you might have both a custom set and the full Toolbar Buttons installed at the same time. I know that does not work, and there is no real point in having both installed at the same time as they both cover the same buttons.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Michael,

I just realized I am guilty of having one or two buttons from a custom set as well as the full Toolbar Buttons set, installed at the same time. I wasn't paying attention when I added 1 or 2 buttons, individually, thinking they were not included in the full set.

At this point, is there any way to uninstall or remove the "custom" buttons code, alone, or is the only solution to uninstal Toolbar Buttons 0.5.0.3 appearing in the Add-ons window, and starting all over again?

There doesn't appear to be 2 different "Custom Button" entries in the Add-ons window, one for the full set and one for the custom buttons, so maybe I have two related extensions operating under one name (Custom Buttons 0.5.0.3). Nella
ReportQuote
Michael, you nailed it! Looking at your "Custom Button Maker" description, I thought I could supplement the standard "Toolbar Buttons". I thought any requests for duplicates would just overlay the original. As there are conflicts, 'd suggest to make that clearer plus indicate which are standard in the custom set.

Yeah, I am also interested in your answers to Nella's post.
ReportQuote
I added this to the top of the custom toolbar buttons page.
QUOTE:
Toolbar Buttons can't be installed at the same time as an extension created here. There is a slight conflict that causes the icons to disapear. As this and Toolbar Buttons work off the same code base, there is no button for feature missing from one that the other has.

Does that clear things up a little? So basically I don't really care to fix the conflict as there does not seam to be any point. It is possible to install many custom button sets at the same time, and they will not confect; I had up to 5 installed at times. You can't however install two custom toolbar buttons extensions with exactly the same buttons, the second one over rides the first. If it did not updates would not work.

Also if the custom toolbar buttons extensions contains just one button it will be named after that button. If you have added "1 or 2 buttons" like you said, have another look under some other name.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Michael,

Upon close inspection I found two similar but distinct lines, each representing a different extension, in my FF Add-Ons Window:

Custom ToolBar Buttons 0.5.0.3

ToolBar Buttons 0.5.0.3

I uninstalled the former extension, and now I'm OK.

Thank you for clarifying things in the extra language you added to the top of the custom toolbar buttons page. Nella
ReportQuote
I had to fix another "bug" that would have broken a few buttons next time I updated Toolbar Buttons because of I change I have made to it, I fixed the image conflict at the same time. Thought it is still pointless having both installed.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed