Thread Closed

Great application, thanks a lot!

However, there appears to be a problem with Firefox: if "Always show tray icon" is NOT selected, "Only ever show one tray icon" won't work, although it can be checked. Multiple windows produce multiple icons.

Another issue is: in Thunderbird, if "Always show tray icon" is selected, closing Thunderbird also closes tray icon/application. I am happy about that and regard it as intended functioning. In Firefox, though, "Always show tray icon" doesn't work that way: if closing the last window, the tray icon unnecessarily remains.

But, if you can fix the first problem, forget about the second. :)
Firefox 3.6.11
MTTplus 1.0.8
ReportQuote
For issue 1, it should be that you can't check it if the other one is not. I should fix that.

Actually that would be a bug in the Thunderbird implementation, Firefox is showing the desired functionality.

The next release is going to change how a number of things work, hopefully for the better.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
So none of my hopes will be fulfilled. :-/ Would you then consider implementing an option, that - if "Always show tray icon" is checked - on closing the last instance of FF/TB, the tray application will also be closed?

Otherwise, to my mind, the option "minimize on close" would be obsolete, because the respective effect would always take place (window disappears, tray icon remains). Additionally, closing e.g. "all the firefox stuff" will require two actions.

Perhaps instead of bugging you, I should wait for the next release. Any educated guesses, when it will be out?
ReportQuote
Hi,

The "always show tray icon" is supposed to make Thunderbird/Firefox behave like most IM clients. You close them, but they still stay there in the background.

If you really want to close all Firefox stuff it is File -> Quit.

"bugging" me is ok. I value all feedback, which is why the next version will change stuff. I have been trying to cherry pick all the nice ideas of others me make myself look good ;)
Date wise, it depends. But my last University exam ever will be on the 17th. I will be picking it up again sometime shortly after that.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
> If you really want to close all Firefox stuff it is File -> Quit.

Ok, thanks! And as long as you are the one programming, taking the credits for it is fine by me. :)
So I wish you all the best for your exams!

Edited by ole.traupe on Oct. 26, 2010, 3:50 a.m.

ReportQuote

Thread Closed