Thread Closed

MinimizeToTray Plus 1.0.8
Firefox 3.6.10

I went to "Tools>Add-ons" then selected MinimizeToTray Plus, and clicked the options button, upon doing this a process called "Test Write" tried to set itself to run at startup, however my AV stopped the process.

What is this and why did it only happen the once? After denying it I can now click options and everything works as it should, but I'm curious why your add-on attempted to do this.
ReportQuote
Hi,

There is an option in that window called "Run X on startup". Which is implemented by writing the correct setting to the registry. However there is a chance that I can't write to the registry, so that setting can't be applied, and the option should be disabled. The only way to find out is to try it and see.

I am not attempting anything malicious if that is all your worried about.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for the quick response. I just wanted to know why and now I do, so thanks.

One other thing. Is there a way to disable the quick launch functionality when I start Firefox, as I never use it and always end up having to right click and then select 'exit quick launch'.
ReportQuote
Nevermind, I figured it out. Unchecking the 'Always show tray icon' does it, though it isn't entirely obvious at first.
ReportQuote

Thread Closed