Thread Closed

To whom this may concern,

I receive the following error when launching Thunderbird 3.1 with version 1.0.8 of the MinimizeToTray Plus. ERROR Cannot find binary component.

Could you please help me resolve this?

Thanks
ReportQuote
Have you read any other threads about this problem that exist on this forum? There are quite a few of them.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Where? I used your search (ERROR Cannot find binary component), and it returned nothing.

I get this error on both Firefox 3.6.11 and Thunderbird 3.1.5 using version 1.0.8 of MinimizeToTray Plus.
ReportQuote
I had a look and found the follow topics.

http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=582
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=763
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=577
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=646
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2065
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3219
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2780

What OS are you using? And are you using 32 or 64 bit builds?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello Michael,

I'm trying to install your addon in thunderbird 3.1.7 under linux 32bit Debian with openBox. I'm getting the binary component error and I can't figure out what to do. I read the threads you have posted but I can't find an answer to my problem.

I tried both the deb from ubuntuzilla and the official zip from mozilla. Is there something I can do to make it work? Maybe I can compile something from source or...?????
ReportQuote
Your problem might be the use of openBox, as I am compiling against the libraries that are used with Gnome. Only one way to find out...

If you want you could try compiling http://svn.codefisher.org/svn/minimizetotray/trunk/ from source. You would need to check it out into a folder called extensions/minimizetotray inside the mozilla source tree. And at a minimum add the following to your .mozconfig file.

ac_add_options --enable-application=xulrunner
ac_add_options --enable-extensions=default,minimizetotray

And maybe these too as I have had problems building without them, or they just make it faster
ac_add_options --disable-javaxpcom
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter

If you get stuck I might be able to help, as compiling Firefox extensions from source is not trivial.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thank you so much for your reply but I'm afraid I can't even start the compile process. I'm able to compile and install programs from source but I'm a total newbie in the plugin world. So my questions are:

***Do I have to save all the files and directories in the link you sent? Is there any other way than "right click and save" on each one of them?***

Do I compile the source as I would for a program or do I follow a procedure specified for plugins?

Any help (or link to a guide) will be very much appreciated.

Dimitris

p.s. Sorry for the late reply, I'm waiting for the internet company to enable the line on my new home.

***EDIT: I wget the folder, so I only want instruction on where to begin.***

Edited by slapfish on Dec. 16, 2010, 8:22 p.m.

ReportQuote
Download the mozilla source code, then extract it. Go into the folder where it was extracted (there should a fair number of folders/files in it) then run (this is your right click and save on a svn repo)

svn co http://svn.codefisher.org/svn/minimizetotray/trunk/ extensions/minimizetotray

Create a .mozconfig file and put the above snippets in it. Then do the normal.

./configure
make

I can't remember where the .xpi file comes out, just do a search for it.

If you get stuck I can give further details.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thank you Michael, I hadn't realized that I have to compile firefox so that the extension will get compiled too.

Anyway, after a long configuration and a longer (~30-40mins) compilation I get this error(s):

make[5]: Entering directory `/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2/extensions/minimizetotray/source/linux'
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp
c++ -o trayLinuxWindowHider.o -c -I../../../../dist/system_wrappers -include ../../../../config/gcc_hidden.h -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.6\" -DOSARCH=Linux  -I. -I. -I../../../../dist/include -I../../../../dist/include/nsprpub  -I/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2/dist/include/nspr -I/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2/dist/include/nss         -fPIC   -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-long-long -pedantic -fno-strict-aliasing -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Os -freorder-blocks -fno-reorder-functions  -I./.. -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-unix-print-2.0     -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../../../mozilla-config.h -Wp,-MD,.deps/trayLinuxWindowHider.pp trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp
In file included from trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:2:
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:10:39: error: docshell/nsIWebNavigation.h: No such file or directory
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:11:34: error: widget/nsIBaseWindow.h: No such file or directory
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:13:37: error: xpcom/nsIConsoleService.h: No such file or directory
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:16:25: error: gfx/nsPoint.h: No such file or directory
In file included from trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:2:
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:18: error: ââ?¬Ë?nsIBaseWindowââ?¬â?¢ has not been declared
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:22: error: ââ?¬Ë?nsPointââ?¬â?¢ has not been declared
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp: In member function ââ?¬Ë?virtual nsresult trayLinuxWindowHider::Watch(nsIDOMWindow*)ââ?¬â?¢:
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:57: error: ââ?¬Ë?nsIBaseWindowââ?¬â?¢ was not declared in this scope
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:57: error: template argument 1 is invalid
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:57: error: invalid type in declaration before ââ?¬Ë?;ââ?¬â?¢ token
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:58: error: no matching function for call to ââ?¬Ë?getter_AddRefs(int&)ââ?¬â?¢
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:61: error: ââ?¬Ë?nativeWindowââ?¬â?¢ was not declared in this scope
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:61: error: expected ââ?¬Ë?;ââ?¬â?¢ before ââ?¬Ë?aNativeWindowââ?¬â?¢
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:62: error: base operand of ââ?¬Ë?->ââ?¬â?¢ is not a pointer
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:62: error: ââ?¬Ë?aNativeWindowââ?¬â?¢ was not declared in this scope
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp: In member function ââ?¬Ë?virtual nsresult trayLinuxWindowHider::Minimize(PRUint32, nsIDOMWindow**)ââ?¬â?¢:
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:88: error: ââ?¬Ë?nsIBaseWindowââ?¬â?¢ was not declared in this scope
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:88: error: template argument 1 is invalid
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:88: error: invalid type in declaration before ââ?¬Ë?;ââ?¬â?¢ token
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:89: error: no matching function for call to ââ?¬Ë?getter_AddRefs(int&)ââ?¬â?¢
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:92: error: ââ?¬Ë?nativeWindowââ?¬â?¢ was not declared in this scope
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:92: error: expected ââ?¬Ë?;ââ?¬â?¢ before ââ?¬Ë?aNativeWindowââ?¬â?¢
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:93: error: base operand of ââ?¬Ë?->ââ?¬â?¢ is not a pointer
trayLinuxWindowHider.cpp:93: error: ââ?¬Ë?aNativeWindowââ?¬â?¢ was not declared in this scope
make[5]: *** [trayLinuxWindowHider.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2/extensions/minimizetotray/source/linux'
make[4]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2/extensions/minimizetotray'
make[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2/extensions'
make[2]: *** [libs_tier_app] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2'
make[1]: *** [tier_app] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jimmy/plugin/mozilla-1.9.2'
make: *** [default] Error 2

Is there any quick fix for these errors or should I abandon any hope for this plugin to work for me?

Once again thank you for your time.
Dimitris
ReportQuote
From these lines I assume that some files are missing

../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:10:39: error: docshell/nsIWebNavigation.h: No such file or directory
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:11:34: error: widget/nsIBaseWindow.h: No such file or directory
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:13:37: error: xpcom/nsIConsoleService.h: No such file or directory
../../../../dist/include/trayRoutine.h:16:25: error: gfx/nsPoint.h: No such file or directory

Can you check if they really are? The location of the first one should be dist/include/docshell/nsIWebNavigation.h

The compile would be a lot faster on the second attempt, say 2-5 minutes.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed