Thread Closed

root@nbx:~# netstat -nap | grep unix | grep CONNECTED | grep thunderbird | wc -l

now minimize TB to tray, and

root@nbx:~# netstat -nap | grep unix | grep CONNECTED | grep thunderbird | wc -l

now click the tray icon to restore

summary: 1 new connection on every minimize, 3 (!) on every restore. eventually X refuses new connections and life becomes very unpleasant - no new windows can be opened in the whole system.
ReportQuote
ok, found another thread about it. +1 for a new release!
ReportQuote
Hi rojer,

Expect a new release in about 2 weeks time or so, I should have a number of problems that exist finished up by then. It might end up being a Linux only release, and I will get the Windows version to catch up after that.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
The same issue :

> netstat -a | grep X0 | wc -l

After one or two days my Xserver connection limit is reached and I can't run any applications, so this is a critical issue that should be fixed !
ReportQuote
Hi,

I am working on the extension now, I might post an update in a few hours. It just is a little unstable right now.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I had something come up that needed urgent attention so I have not finish what I was doing to this. Will post something soon, I have a very busy next two days but I will try and get what I have down out.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Ok here is an updated file : http://codefisher.org/download/beta/minimizetotray-linux.xpi

See http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3384#p3384 as well.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
still the same :(
i think its due to the keyState.cpp, can you please add XCloseDisplay(display); before each return to ensure the socket has been closed properly before leaving the function? that should help.
ReportQuote
I am running into this issue as well. It's making my X server inoperable and unable to open any more programs after about a week. The only solution (which took forever to narrow down) is to restart Thunderbird.

This is with the latest version (1.0.8).

Thanks,
Mike
ReportQuote
Ok. I missed post #7 for some reason. This new beta release (1.0.10b) partially fixes the problem. Particularly,
lsof -R -p `pidof X` | wc -l

now only increments by 1 every time Thunderbird was opened and closed. (Whereas previously it was incrementing by 3 or 4.)

This is an improvement because it'll theoretically now take 3-4x longer to reach the max of 255 open file descriptors, but still a problem.

UPDATE: FWIW, the count seems to go up by one when minimizing to tray, but not change at all when maximizing from tray.

Edited by mvastola on Nov. 7, 2010, 1:59 a.m.

ReportQuote
Sorry I have not properly addressed this before, I been really busy with my studies and have not had time to get a release together.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
It's ok.. I'd offer a patch to make things easier, but I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with coding GUIs in C++ to offer anything useful.
ReportQuote
The patch for this was merged. The two major things holding back release right now is support for Windows is broken (minor issue) and I got some issue that seams to cause Firefox to crash every half hour or so on Linux (annoys the hell out of me). Problem is the crash is not in my code, but something I am doing is triggering it, so debugging is been hard.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Oh! So would it fix my problem to just compile this from source? (I only use this add-on with Thunderbird.)

That sounds really annoying.. maybe just open a bug ticket with Mozilla based on the core dump and hope they figure it out? :-\
ReportQuote
It crashes Thunderbird too... And compiling extensions from source is not for the faint of heart.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello there.

I am having this same problem.

Ubuntu 10.10 x64
Thunderbird 3.1.7
MinimizeToTray Plus 1.0.8

Is there any update on the status of this?
ReportQuote
I have a version 1.0.9 that I have not officially released at http://codefisher.org/download/minimize/minimizetotray-plus-1.0.9.xpi it still leaks but not as fast.

As soon as I get the next release of Toolbar Buttons out (see forum header for progress) I will be working on MTTP. Maybe early January I will be done.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed