Thread Closed

Well the subject pretty much says it all. I was happy to see a new Minimise to Tray add-on since moving to Thunderbird 3 broke the last one I was using. But alas - no joy. Thunderbird sits there resolutely on the taskbar grinning it's impish grin at me, not tucked neatly in the system tray as I'd like.

FF 3.6.6
TB 3.0.5
Vista Business
ReportQuote
Can you uninstall all MinimizeToTray like extensions that you may have installed, then reinstall my extension. There could be some kind of interference between them.

Do you get any error messages when you open the application (that can happen if there are problems with the binary).

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi,
I have got the same Problem, running Windoows7 Pro and Thunderbird 3.2a1pre. There has been no problem installing it. I removed it a couple of times, but there has been no effect. The option: "Load Shredder in quick launch mode at system startup" works fine. The other options do not work at all.
I actually do get an error message:

Error: Components.classes is undefined
Source File: chrome://minimizetotray/content/core.js
Line: 33

Greets Krischan
ReportQuote
Hi have found a soloution on another thread on here.

I also had the same problem with thunderbird 3 but it worked with Firefox on Vista.

To solve it i copied the subfolder of Minimize to tray from firefox (it will be something like C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOM LETTERS.default\extensions.
The folders in there are another set of random letters/numbers, find the one you need, copy the whole folder and the paste into the same location in the thunderbird folder
(C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\RANDOM LETTERS.default\extensions).

Open up thunderbird go to Tools - Add ons - Extensions and ammend options to suit.

Hope it works.

Kyle
ReportQuote
@Krischan
That is a very interesting error message. I am going to have to check that out, as it implies that in the alpha they have changed some of Thunderbird's core APIs.

@Ouzi
If that actually works, when installing the extension does not, that would indicate that you have a bad profile. There is nothing as an extension developer I can do about that. It is more a Mozilla bug.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
@ Michael
wouldn't you mind keeping me up to date about the problem?
I would really appreciate it.

Greets Down Under
Krischan
ReportQuote
@Krischan

The easiest way of keeping up to date will be my feed as the only thing I will be posting about on that any time soon should be MMTP http://codefisher.org/news/feed

Feel free to discuss anything about it here as I make updates.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed