Thread Closed

Whatever happened to the "GO" button?

I am running FF 3.0b4 and it's not there. So I was hoping an update to your extension would add this button.

I've looked all through the FF options but can't find the place to turn on the GO button so I presume there isn't one anymore.

Can you add one with the next release?

Thanks!

Brew
ReportQuote
There is a go button. Start typing an address in, and a green arrow appears at the end of the url bar. They would never remove such a thing that would be nuts.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I agree and don't understand why this GO button(s) has to be left out sometimes. Don't ppl understand that it's a big waste of time. Here's why: most of the time while surfing one just and only use the mouse (with your right hand). So if you have to leave your mouse and have to hit the "enter" button with your right hand each time instead of scrolling to a GO button, that gets annoying.

I would however like to see the GO button for the search box being replaced by the same kind of GO button that is used for the url bar. Now it's some kind of stupid "magnifying glass".

Edited by JimB on March 30, 2008, 5:59 p.m.

ReportQuote
They never removed it (if you ignore a one of the Firefox 2 betas).

Firefox 1.5 - it was a separate button
Firefox 2.0 - it became a button attached to the end of the url bar
Firefox 3.0 - it was moved inside the url bar, only shows when clicking it would do something.

Out of the 3 ways it has been I think the lasts is the most intuitive, just yes at first sight it might look like it is not there.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed