Thread Closed

Running in both Firefox 3.6.4 RC and Thunderbird 3.1 RC under Windows 7 Home Premium with UAC on.

When restored (double-click) from the tray (option for QuickLaunch unchecked) there is a QL window in addition to the Firefox/Thunderbird window. I am able to close it by right-clicking on the tray icon and choosing Exit QuickLaunch.

But I do not believe that it should be doing this ....

Edited by AKAJohnDoe on June 1, 2010, 1:33 a.m.

ReportQuote
By the QL window, do you just mean a little empty window? Or another whole window, like the normal application window. What ever it is, it sounds like a bug.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
It is an empty window, with no title bar, and it is transparent as well. It does not show upo in task manager, but does appear in the running programs icon list. It closes when I double-click on the Firefox icon in the system tray and then right-click on the icon in the system tray and select close QL.

It does not appear to be 100% consistent in it's appearance, but almost so.

I am also running ObjectDock Plus Version 1.90, which could have some bearing on this behaviour.
ReportQuote
Good to know it is indeed that window. It is created to get around that fact I can't have an icon with out a window belonging to it.

It is possible to disable ObjectDock to test if that fixes it?

I am going to make some changes for my next major release (it will be 1.1.*) if that does not fix this, I will try and work through this then. I have a lot of bugs right now that ultimately come back to the one section of code, once fixed some other odd things like this might go too.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
It is "different" with ObjectDock Plus disabled. There is still the QL window; however, it is much less obtrusive and visible. There is a V2 of ObjectDock Plus available, but it runs $9.95 and it is in beta. Why exactly are you creating a task that is to be invisible?
ReportQuote
I need a window for the icon to belong to, should you have closed all other Firefox windows.

I will try fixing some of my other problem, then come back to this. If I get the next release out, and this is still a problem remind me of this if I should forget.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
That is where I am a bit confused.

As I did not enable Quicklaunch there should be no need for an icon; if I close all the Firefox windows I wanted them all closed.
ReportQuote
Are you using the -turbo flag or the start with windows option? They turn it on too.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Nope, neither.
ReportQuote
????

Then I am at a loss as to why that window would be created at all?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed