Thread Closed

The new Ubuntu upgrade brought with it Thunderbird 3, which isn't supported by the minimise-to-tray addon I was using, so I installed MinimizeToTray Plus.

Now, when I'm using fluxbox, when I minimise the window, it goes into the tray fine. But when I click the tray icon to try to restore it, the window flashes up briefly, then disappears again. If I right-click on the tray icon and choose "Restore", then the window continuously appears and disappears several times a second until I manage to switch to the terminal I was running thunderbird from and hit Ctrl+C in the fraction of a second that the terminal has focus.

However, if I switch window managers to metacity (the default GNOME WM) then it seems to work fine. Using the system tray in gnome-panel but still running fluxbox isn't enough - I need to actually switch WMs.

I don't know exactly what it's doing that makes it act crazy like that... I don't even know if it's a bug in the extension or a bug in fluxbox.

Versions:
Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 x86_64
Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0.4 (3.0.4+nobinonly-0ubuntu4)
MinimizeToTray Plus 1.0.8
No other extensions (it happens even if they're all disabled)
Fluxbox 1.0.0 (from the official source tarball - the one included with Ubuntu has a lot compiled out)

MTP Settings (it doesn't seem to matter, but this is what it's currently set to):
Always minimise to tray: yes
Minimise to tray on close: yes
Require double-click: no
Always show icon: yes
Only show one icon: no
Restore window instead of opening new: yes
Load Thunderbird in quick launch mode: no
ReportQuote
Are you sure the setting don't matter? This might be the same problem as this thread: http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=700

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Aha! Yes, that got it, thank you very much.

I must have tried changing every other setting...
ReportQuote
Ok good to know I only have one bug to deal with! Still that is a hard one :(

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed