Thread Closed

MinimizeToTray Plus 1.0.8
Options:
Always minimize to the tray instead of to the taskbar
Always show tray icon
Only ever show one tray icon
Restore window instead of opening new

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100423 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.4

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Release: 10.04
Codename: lucid

Specifically this is the Ubuntu Netbook Edition or UNE

Ubuntu Netbook Edition uses a program called Maximus to maximize program windows and strip off the title bar. This program helps optimize the smaller screen space on netbooks.

When launching Firefox (or Thunderbird 3) with the MinimizeToTray Plus AddOn installed there is a conflict with Maximus that results in a maximize minimize loop at a ridiculously high rate of speed. It eventually settles, but I think that is because I repeatedly try to grab a contextual menu from the taskbar icon (not the tray icon) and tell it to maximize or minimize and it finally ends the cycle.

It's a bit of a hassle but not as big of a problem as the "memory leak" bug which prevents new X applications (including new Firefox tabs called from external apps including Thunderbird) from launching.

Thanks again for writing this much needed AddOn.
ReportQuote
Do you have any of the settings like, always show tray icon enabled or do you use the -turbo mode? Just trying to identify what settings I need to see this happened if I went and installed it.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I am not using -turbo.

I am using the following MinimizeToTray Plus 1.0.8 Options:
Always minimize to the tray instead of to the taskbar
Always show tray icon

Also the following version of Maximus: 0.4.14-0ubuntu4
ReportQuote
Do you get the same effect if you turn off "always show tray icon"?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I tested a few different combinations of the options I was using and have identified that the option that causes the problem is "Always minimize to the tray instead of to the taskbar"

Disabling that option allows my FF & TB to launch maximized and prevents the minimize/restore loop.

While this means I have to use CTRL+SHIFT+M to minimize to the tray, it renders the AddOn far more useful to not have that mayhem on application launch.

I am still able to use the following options:
Always show tray icon
ReportQuote
The memory leak bug is the only major obstacle to usability now. Hopefully idl0r can get his fix built into an updated XPI.
ReportQuote
Right I can guess at the cause then. If it is that option it would likely be my work around to bug 502457. This may not be easy to fix.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed