Thread Closed

Hi. Specifically, I always use TB maximized. But sometimes it restores from tray to the same size I get if I "un maximize" the window.

It's been a problem since 3.0, and is sporadic. Works fine most of the time. Haven't observed a repeatable behavior for this problem. Since I always maximize the window, I don't know if the same problem of not always maintaining window size occurs if the window size is arbitrary. Using v 1.0.8 on Win XP, with Thunderbird 3.0.x.

I'm 99% sure this never happened before 3.0. And I think this started happening shortly after installing 3.0 (obviously uncertain due to sporadic nature).

Is this related to the problem mentioned and fixed in other threads? e.g.:
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=618

If that's not a fix, would it also be possible to add an "alway maximize on restore" option?

Let me know any other details I can supply.

�Gert
ReportQuote
Just had a thought.... And found how to repeat this problem:

I use Windows+D to minimize all to desktop frequently. And I can clearly see in the second it takes for windows to minimize everything, that the TB window gets scaled to the non-maximum size, and then thrown in the tray. Same thing happens using the shortcut in the taskbar for minimizing desktop.

Hope that helps...

-Gert
ReportQuote
It is a side effect of a work around to another bug that I was trying to fix (that bug also happened sporadicly - and never on any of my computers). So I do know exactly what is causing this. I am working on it.

It is not related to that thread, but actually this one (well the fix I implemented for it) http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=536&p=2

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
The first link on the second page of that thread is down.

The second link (seems to be version 1.0.6) has the same problem with minimizing via win+D

Thanks
ReportQuote
I don't keep the links to all the beta builds I create working after they become redundant.

Any build that predates that thread would have its problem instead of the one your having.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Not finding a solution in previous versions, I'm now successfully using an AutoHotkey replacement for the Win+D hotkey:

#d:: ;Windows Key + D = default minimize all shortcut
{
PostMessage, 0x112, 0xF020,,, Thunderbird, ; 0x112 = WM_SYSCOMMAND, 0xF020 = SC_MINIMIZE
run C:\User\Show Desktop.scf
return
}

I don't know the full meaning of the PostMessage, but I think it's essentially sending the same action to thunderbird that is sent when the minimize button in the corner of a window is clicked.

More info: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/WinMinimize.htm (note that the WinMinimize command suffered the same problem, so I used the suggested alternative)
ReportQuote
Just to clarify: the above minimizes thunderbird first, then everything else.
ReportQuote
Thanks for the info, I will check though all that when I have a moment and see if it helps find the problem.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi Michael,

I just came here to report what I believe is the same problem. When TB is maximized and I use 'Windows key + M' to minimize all applications, TB is changed to unmaximized state and then sent to the tray.
ReportQuote
@DavidCG

Yes I know it does that, it is part of a work around to another bug. I removed the offending bit of code this morning as I am working on another solution to the problem. You can expect an update soon.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I seem to have a similar problem with both Thunderbird and Firefox (I run WIN 7) - but only under certain circumstances. If I minimise either when maximised (using the "_" button), clicking on the icon restores them maximised. However if I use the minimise button (available via "customise) or WIN+D it loses that maximisation when restored.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/4953811550_9be2ca18d5_m.jpg

Edited by Laura_Ess on Sept. 3, 2010, 2:53 p.m.

ReportQuote
Hi. As noted before I have fixed this problem. Just be ridiculously busy and have not managed to get the planed update out yet.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Is there any chance of making this fix available please?
ReportQuote
Not right now, as the extension is unstable due to other closely related changes.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Just a quick bump on this thread... I had to rebuild my TB profile and ever since doing so (with fresh extension installs), whenever I use win+d (which is a mainstay in my workflow management), TB un-maximises and then goes to the tray. Having to always maximize it after is a rather frustrating extra step and thus would most welcome a fix and/or temporary "alway maximize on restore" feature if possible.

Details: XP sp3
TB 3.1.10
MTTP 1.0.8

Wish I could offer some assistance, but if there is anything, do advise.

Thanks again!

David
ReportQuote
David,

I have almost finished a proper fix, I am just working very long hours right now and don't have time to do the needed work to finish and release it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed