Thread Closed

Hi Michael!

Is there a js function to change icon which is displayed in tray?
I would like to try to add a feature to your extension, which changes (or even animates) the icon when there is any new mail avaliable, if you dont mind. :)
Oleg.
ReportQuote
No there is not, you would need to edit the C++ files that create the binary component.

Also I am wondering why people keep asking one way or another for this feature. See http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2966#p2966

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Well, because people prefer to have a single universal TB icon in system tray that changes it's appearance instead of additional action-specific icon. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated if this feature is added to MTT.
ReportQuote
Due to persistent requests I am planing to do this, but only release the result as a commercial/paid version. Reason being that the numbers I have suggest that given a 1% conversion rate it would give me an income twice what I could expect first year out of UNI (that is next year). I could then work for myself and release a lot more stuff.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
And what would be an approximate cost?

To make this feature even more flexible it would be great to be able to use TB filters. E.g. I'd like to show a number of messages on system tray icon depending on their status (e.g. "unread"), sender address etc.
ReportQuote
I am thinking around the $10-15 mark. I am still in the early phases of planing. So nothing is final, including wither I do it or not.

I would presume that just showing unread messages would cover most usages cases, as that is what most people what to be notified off.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Well I agree, if it will show unread messages but not the new messages as Thunderbird has problems with new status if message was processed by a filter.
ReportQuote
That may run into problems with people that leave messages unread if they don't care to read them (I know a few) so I might end up creating an option for it. But I have not really thought that far ahead in detail yet.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed