Thread Closed

Hi,

I know there are newer and certainly more stable versions, but there is one feature in MTTE v0.7.5.3 that does not exist in versions >= 1.0:
the ability to minimize directly when launching TB ("Minimize on open").
I know there is also -turbo (quick launch) mode but it's not exactly the same thing, and some shortcuts can't be modified to benefit from this mode (upper shortcuts for mail client in XP's start menu for example).

So i keep on using this version.

I've recently updated my version of MTT to 1.5 (https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/thunderbird/addon/2110) which is just a simple "hack" to original MTT v0.0.1.2006102615 (like i've done myself before for my own needs).

So here's the "issue" i've fixed: MTTE v0.7.5.3 expects MTT v0.0.1. Not MTT v1.5 (based on add-on ID) and so create an entry in add-ons window which does not actually exist...
I've just updated this setting with MTT v1.5's ID, and repackaged the whole in MTTE v0.8.0, so that it be 100% compatible.

This post is directed to the author of this add-on, Michael B., as i would like to share this tweaked version with the community:
Do you mind if i create a dedicated add-on on addons.mozilla.org? (as i'm not the author, i can't update, and i had to change the add-on ID).

Of course, i haven't make any other change (i just add myself as a contributor), and i definitely do not intend to retrieve any benefit from it (apart from thanks of users ;)))

If you would like me to send you this version and release yourself, it's also a possibility of course.

Thanks for your answer, and thanks for this addon of course.
ReportQuote
I think those shortcuts can be changed via a registry hack. I can't remember what key though.

Can you tell me why you need to be able to do this? I think I have most use cases covered. Starting it minimized on startup so it always is checking emails makes sense to me. Maybe having a special shortcut for the odd time when you want to start it, but not use it I guess is reasonable. But I really don't see the need to have all short cuts do it, normally if you open your email client you want to use it right? There may be a need for what you want, just I don't yet see a general user case for it.

I would rather patched versions of 0.7 were not distributed.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi,

You said "Maybe having a special shortcut for the odd time when you want to start it, but not use it I guess is reasonable". That's it. Except for me it's always. I don't want to have one and only shortcut which does the job. When i launch my email client, i generally do not intend to send email, but rather want to be warn as soon as i've received one. So i want to be able to launch it, but do not need to have the window on foreground.

But i also do not want it to always start with Windows. It's time and cpu-consuming and i use my old notebook (5-year old) for lots of things, which also do not require me to use an email client (amongst them, lots of tests and reboots).

I really miss this feature in newer versions, moreover when it existed in previous versions :(.

But i get the message and i understand. So i won't create a dedicated topic on mozilla add-ons website, be sure.

Thanks for your answer :).
ReportQuote
Not sure why it has to be everyone, if you put a -turbo shortcut in your quick launch it would be very easy to always use that.

But I will consider adding a hidden setting to re-enable this feature.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I prefer this feature to be general (don't want to bother about which shortcut is quicklaunch, not simple to set this mode for shortcuts of start menu, etc.).
I also think this is much more convenient for it to be a visible option rather than a shortcut option (not everybody is able to do this).
ReportQuote
I've also forgotten: i'm still using TB v2.0.* (because not all add-ons i like have been ported to TB3), and as MTT+ does not support TB2 anymore since v1.0.6...
ReportQuote
Sorry seem to have overlooked your last replies.

Yes if your using TB 2, that is a problem and you will need to stick with the old extension for awhile. But when you do update, I will try an having some read for you.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed