Thread Closed

Hello everyone,

after I istall the Add-on and restart, it's simply not installed. It says that I have to restart to complete the installation, but when I check the extensions after that, MinimizeToTray Plus does not appear.

I tried it in a few ways.
At first I opened the Add-ons window, searched, and installed it from there. No success.
Then I downloaded the .xpi-file (once from codefisher.org, once from addons.mozilla.org) and installed them using the install button in the Add-ons/extensions window. Both: no success.

In Firefox (3.6.2) it works fine, but I don't get it working for Thunderbird.

Help please

Sincerely
Nayra
ReportQuote
So your installing it from the Thunderbird add-on window and it is not working? That sounds rather odd, do you get the same problem when trying to install any other extensions.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I randomly installed three other Add-ons now (Image Zoom, Zombie Keys, QuickNote), and all installations worked fine.
Retried MinimizeToTray Plus; still not working
ReportQuote
I have the same problem. I am on a Win XP SP3 PC, and I just upgraded from TB2 to TB3.0.4. I previously had MinimizeToTray installed, but it is not compatible with TB3, so after upgrading I uninstalled it, restarted TB and tried to install MinimizeToTray Plus. The installation apparently works fine, I get the message "Installed successfully", restart, and MinimizeToTray Plus is simply not in the list of extensions. I tried several times, both downloading the install file to my PC and installing from there and installing by searching for the extension in the Extensions window. I have installed other extensions since updating, and they work fine.

I also tried a couple of other MinimezeToTray variants (MinimizeToTray Revived and MinimizeToTray For FF3.5), and they also do not work. However, I have another PC which runs Vista, and on this PC I could upgrade from TB2 to TB3, remove the old MinimizeToTray and install MinimizeToTray Plus without problems. On my XP PC where I cannot install MinimizeToTray Plus, I checked the Extensions folder in my Thunderbird profile folder and it does not contain any subfolders related to any version of MinimizeToTray, so it seems that the old version was in fact uninstalled. Can you help? Thanks a lot in advance!
ReportQuote
If other MinimezeToTray variants are also not installing maybe you better ask on a general Mozilla forum. Because I have no idea of what might be causing this. Google also might help.

Sorry I can't help more.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
For your information, in desperation I tried to copy the subfolder containing the files for MinimizeToTray Plus from the Extensions folder in my profile folder on my Vista PC (where MinimizeToTray Plus works fine) to the corresponding folder on the XP PC that has had the problem - and it worked! After copying the folder, I opened TB, and MinimizeToTray was right there in the Extensions window, and it works perfectly! Go figure :-)
ReportQuote
That is normal, I sometimes install extensions like that when I am working on them.

Still don't see why it won't install the normal way.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed