Thread Closed

Just to let you know that version 1.0.8 has a problem with AIOS addon in FF 3.5.7.

FF crashes, just disappears - only sometimes - when toggle buttons are clicked for the various sidebars on the AIOS bar.

To confirm this I disabled all my extensions except for AIOS and your's. Then rapidly clicked different sidebar buttons - twenty times total with different buttons did the trick (I know, people don't usually do that but the crash was happening during normal usage). When your extension was disabled all was well again. I have the AIOS bar to the left.

Curiously "Minimize to Tray revived" doesn't have this problem - if that is based on the same original code as your's then it may be due to something you've added.

Edited by Kurma on March 16, 2010, 12:09 a.m.

ReportQuote
Both minimize to tray plus and minimize to tray revived have modified the original source code almost beyond recondition. So that is not really surprising.

What options did you have selected?

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Always minimize to the tray..
Restore window..
ReportQuote
I found this issue also crashed my FF browser. FF 3.6.8 Windows XP
This happens with a new profile with only "AIOS" and "Minimize To Tray Plus" added without changing any options in "Min To Tray PLus" -- all options are what were default when installed.

The Bug:
When I have the "Add-ons" panel open (or last selected) and I go to download something, FF almost always crashes.

To crash with firefox I toggled between the "Add-ons" button and "Downloads" button up to 20 - 30 times (sometimes less than 8 times) and FF always crashes.

When I disable "Min To Tray Plus" this doesn't happen after toggling the "Add-ons" button and "Downloads" button 50+ times.

A temp fix -- to stop the crashing -- is to disable "min to tray plus" before toggling from add-ons to downloads or downloading something (like when updating add-ons) and then re-enable it when I don't need to look at Add-ons.

I don't remember this ever being an issue with FF 3.6.3 because I've been using "min to tray plus" for a long while and the crashes are recent so this add-on is causing problems/might not be completely compatible with FF 3.6.8 and AIOS might be bringing the bug with "min to tray plus" out.

Since this is a minor yet annoying bug, I can continue using this add-on but please fix this bug asap. Thanks.
ReportQuote
Hi,

Not interested in crashes at the moment, making too many other changes to the code that tracking these down my simply reveal they came from code that does not exist anymore.

Will look into it at a later date, if it still happens.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed