Thread Closed

this extension does what is supposed to. Very good, thank you!.

desirable: do something to the icon on Thunderbird to notify there is new email arrived and is pending there in the inbox.
ReportQuote
Working on that, I will eventually add it as it is the most requested feature at the moment.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for prompt reply, I hope it will work soon.
ReportQuote
you rock!
ReportQuote
Hi, Do you have any idea when the "notify of new mail" is going to added?

I am really not trying to be rude or mean here, but frankly, I don't understand how this was put out without it. My belief is that it is the most requested feature, because that's the maim reason people have installed it.

In other words, the whole idea of having this thing in the System Tray, is to be alerted of new emails. Again, I am REALLY NOT trying to be rude here at all, but why would I want it, if it doesn't do that? It doesn't take that long to load ThunderBird, if all I'm doing is checking to see if I have new email. :)
So again, please... Do you have any idea when this will happen and will it notify for all email accounts that are set up in ThunderBird?

If it will be a while, please let me know, because (again, not trying to be mean) I see no reason to keep it installed if it doesn't do that.

Again, I think that probably at least half of the people who installed it, did it because they thought it would do that. In the mean time, you may want to update the page for it (on Mozilla's site as well), to let people know that it doesn't, since that is what they will be looking for and I think even the people who have kept running it, at the very least, thought it would do that when they installed it, or IMO, it wouldn't be "the most requested feature". :)
One other thing, please...

In Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit (x64), when the option is enabled to have it run at startup, it does load at startup, but I can't run ThunderBird. Not at all! Not even in Safe Mode. It simply won't come up at all. When I took it out of the startup options and rebooted, I could run ThunderBird no problem!

Just FYI, as along with the "notify of new email", that would be necessary as well, since if it is to be used to notify of new email, then who wants to have to start it up manually each time, right? <lol> :)
Thanks for listening and I look forward to your answer! :)
Dave
ReportQuote
Well lets say the most popular unimplemented request (it was not always the most popular). Well one of the reasons is that I thought that it already existed built into Thunderbird, it was there in 2. But because of how many reports I have been getting of late, I guessed they removed it in 3. Well I set up a Thunderbird 3 account on Windows (I am a Linux user - and Linux does not do this) and it turns out I am wrong. Check out this image.

http://codefisher.org/images/forum/Screenshot-6.png

The envelope icon appears after I sent an email to the test account, after a little popup alert had disappeared. So the question becomes why other people, including yourself, are not seeing this as well.

As on when on anything in general (such as tracking down that other problem you are having), I don't have any idea. I am a tad busy right now. Busy meaning I have to give 6 hours of tuts this week, and I have prepared nothing yet. I have 3 UNI assignments due either this week or the next, 9 chapters of prescribed reading to do (not been keeping up with it), a fortnightly hand in to finish and submit, and then about 20 hours of required prep for a class on Friday. Oh I would like to sleep a little to, as I have not been doing a lot of that lately. Yes I may be shutting the forums down soon, and disabling the contact page as well.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed