Thread Closed

Installed the extension and it works OK.
However, there is one issue with the 'Start Up Options' - 'Load Firefox in quick launch mode at system startup' ... if you select this option then when u open FF for the first time after the system startup, it fills the screen (maximised) AND covers the task bar at the bottom of the screen even though I have it set to 'Keep the taskbar on top of other windows' (Windows XP Pro).
If I then choose to close FF (File > Exit) and then restart it, it then works perfectly and when maximized, does not cover the taskbar.
I hope you can address this issue as otherwise it's a very nice extension.
Thank you for your work, it is appreciated.

O T T
ReportQuote
Hi,

I think the cause of this would be external to the extension and something to do with your set up. There is nothing that I could do to fix this problem.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi,
i can also confirm this issue on two different machines (with different setups - os is xp, one a standalone workstation, the other one a workstation in an large office network)... so this is likely to be an bug in v1.0.8 (didn't occurred with v1.0.7).
Thanks!
ReportQuote
Well there was only one change in the extension's binary between the two versions, so I guess it must be that. I see now that though it fixed one bug, it has given me several new ones.

If none of the other changes bother you, I could roll back to the previous version that worked. They are all at http://codefisher.org/download/minimize/

You could even try 1.0.9, though which has no code change (just changed one setting when creating the binary) so I doubt it would do anything.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi again,

Ok so I was way out in what I though might be the cause of this. I tracked it down and fixed it, think it might even be a Firefox 3.6 bug though it has an easy work around. If you want a solution right away there is the beta at http://codefisher.org/download/beta/minimizetotray-plus.xpi

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi,
beta works like a charm. Thank you!
ReportQuote
Hi,
I have Firefox 3.6 and I'm using your beta version.
When I open FF for the first time after the system startup, if I click on tray icon FF take a lot of time before opening and open a blank tag instead of my home page.
With Thunderbird 3.0.1 it works fine.
Any idea?
ReportQuote
@Max

Might be a regression that I have made while making some other changes. I started seeing it happen too, while I was working on that beta. I will get it fixed as soon as I can.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I like the idea of this add-on very much but I have similar problems.
I use Seamonkey 2.0.4 on Win XP. Installed Minimize-to-tray 1.0.8. When you start the browser from the task bar the first browser window covers the whole screen (task bar included). And: I cannot change this, the "make smaller" button of my browser is deactivated (grey). However, if I open an additional browser window (CTRL+N) this additional window is shown correctly.
When I deactivate MMT the trouble is over. Activated it again - problem came back.
Other add-ons I use are NoScript and Adblock Plus. Don't know whether there could be some "interference" between them and yours.
ReportQuote
I have fixed this, but not released the fix yet. You can download it from http://codefisher.org/download/minimize/minimizetotray-plus-1.0.9.xpi

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Great! Works like a charm now. Thanks very much for your work & best wishes.
ReportQuote

Thread Closed