Thread Closed

When I try installing Text Formatting Toolbar 0.1.4.11 on Firefox 3.6 I get an error message stating that it cannot be installed because it's not compatible with Firefox 3.6. I'm looking to install this for a client of mine.
ReportQuote
Updated (at least on its home page, not addons.mozilla.org) so it should install.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for the update :D
This addon is very useful because it decreases the work I have to do (esp. with html and WikiCode)
ReportQuote
Why in last version Text toolbar (and FF3.5.7) the window was such:
http://codefisher.org/images/format_toolbar/formatbar-color.png

now such (FF3.6):
http://img2.immage.de/0302448bcolor.png

How to make also, how in the last version that more colours it has been presented?
ReportQuote
Have you changed your theme (it looks a different color). I don't know how the menu works in all themes (I guess it could break in some). But I have a look to see if I can find the problem.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Theme in system or in a browser? If in system the usual Luna (Olive), and in a browser is not present that.
That is interesting if to put the previous version Text Toolbar at the first opening of colour there is everything, as well as it is necessary, then all is empty and there is only a line of a choice of complementary colours.
ReportQuote
Hi,

Sorry, I appear to have missed your reply. It looks like some of styling of menu items was changed in 3.6 that has again messed that menu up. I will fix it when I get a moment.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I really do miss the functionality of the Text Formatting Toolbar in Firefox 3.6. Having to remember all those bothersome formatting codes for BB and HTML again!

When do you think a compatible version of the Text Formatting Toolbar for Firefox 3.6 will be released?

Thanks!
ReportQuote
As per post #2 there is a compatible version on the extensions home page. However as per post #4 the color button does not work very well.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi! Michael, when will update with a working dialogue to select the color?
ReportQuote
I don't ever put dates on things, it depends on when I get time, and when I then feel like doing that particular thing with it. Not particularly soon though.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Could we please have a button on the Text Formatting Toolbar that will display a large group of smileys that the smiley image can be inserted with a click.
Could we please have an update to download Text Formatting Toolbar on firefox mozilla because I don't want to download from anywhere else and the color button doesn't work from homepage download anyway. Thankyou.
ReportQuote
No now as I am busy with other stuff. This is one of my less used add-ons, so less developed.

I can't put an update on the offical add-ons site right now as their rules mean I have to make large changes to get approval.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Firefox 3.6.6 (update today) won't load the version posted here as not compatible.
ReportQuote
The version I have posted at http://codefisher.org/format_toolbar/ should install fine. Please use that.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I am hoping that you have the time to make text formatting compatible with FF 4.0.
ReportQuote
If you force it to install it should work ok.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
It does work with Firefox 4.0b13pre, but the buttons for custom tags are all gone although the tags are still saved.
ReportQuote
If I get some time I will work on the extension, but I really don't see myself doing that any time soon.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Well, this extension is wonderful for anyone that use forums a lot on the internet, so I can only thank you for this little gem, and hope that you change your mind. :)
ReportQuote

Thread Closed