Thread Closed

hello, i received the same problem.

MinimizeToTray Plus v1.0.7 installed in Thunderbird v3.0.1 under WinXP

fresh install of everything. (i JUST reformatted my computer, and am beginning to reinstall my apps.) Just threw on Thunderbird 3.0.1 and minimizetotray plus. When starting TBird, and choosing File > Minimize To Tray, i get an error message and it doesnt minimize:

"Cannot find binary component"
ReportQuote
i just tested on MTTP 1.0.8, and TB 3.0.0. (and TB 2) Didn't work with those either. Basically, I can't get this to work with any thunderbird or any version of the extension....
ReportQuote
Can you both try this file http://codefisher.org/download/beta/minimizetotray-plus.xpi

It has a configurational change that may or may not fix the problem.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
thanks for your speedy response.

it now works.

i tried your new file, and TB now minimizes correctly. i wanted to make sure that the old MTTP extension still DIDNT work, so i uninstalled the new one and tried MTTP 1.0.7. But strangely... the old one now works too.

i dont really understand this behavior, but that is whats happening. at least it works now for me now. thanks.
ReportQuote
I am happy to put it down to your computer doing something wrong when trying to load a certain library that I was assuming would be there. I removed the dependency, but it bloats the extensions binary so it is several times the size. Which is unfortunate.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Error: uncaught exception: 2147746065

Using Shredder 3.0.1 (Thunderbird x64) under Windows 7 x64 and Namoroka 3.6 (Firefox x64).
Please help to install MTT. I tried all above but no way. :-(

Edited by ucf4004 on Feb. 15, 2010, 9:36 p.m.

ReportQuote
x64bit builds are not supported yet on windows. Only the 32bit builds from Mozilla.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I'm running WinXP Pro w/Service Pack 3 on the computers (half a dozen) on my home LAN -- 5 have ThunderBird 3.0.3 installed w/MinimizeToTrayPlus 1.0.8 ,,, on 3 this works perfectly, but on 2 of them this message appears and MTT+ is nonfunctional. :( Uninstalling MTT+, and even TB, and re-installing from scratch does not help.
ReportQuote
Tried the Beta mentioned a few post up on one of the problem systems -- works now! (but thinks it is MTT+ 1.0.6) ...
ReportQuote
This is just a shot in the dark but...
Could this be an issue of 32 bit software trying to run/access 64bit software?
I never had this problem on windows but, I have never had a 64bit copy of windows.
ReportQuote
@invisifan
Does one of the problem computers still not work with 1.0.9?

@az
The problem that ucf4004 is having is certainly caused my him using a 64bit version of Firefox. The bit version of the OS should not matter, as long as the version of Firefox used is 32bit.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Ok of the 5 I have that run T-Bird (I don't use MTT+ w/FireFox) 3 work fine w/v1.0.8 (which seems to be the latest available standard release); one I've installed the "fix" you gave (which brings up an upgrade screen saying it's 1.0.6 but shows in the add-ons list as 1.0.10beta) and that works as well; I haven't done anything with the last which still gives the problem, but I don't use much so I'm leaving it as-is for testing.

For the record (based on other comments) all these systems are 32-bit only & have FireFox 3.6 installed.
ReportQuote
Version 1.0.9 really solved this problem, thank you very much!
ReportQuote
Hi, I am also having the same problem w/ Tbird 3.04 (portable) and the 1.0.8 version of MTM+. I get the same error msgs: "cannot find binary component" (on start-up of Tbird and if I do File,MTM). I also get this "Error: uncaught exception: 2147746065" and this "Warning: Error in parsing value for 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://s7.addthis.com/static/
r07/widget37.css Line: 1" in the Error Console. The only other extensions I have are Personas 1.4, and CompactHeader 1.1.7.

Thanks for any help.
ReportQuote
Try 1.0.9 as that has been reported to fixed this from some people: http://codefisher.org/download/minimize/

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I installed MTM v.1.0.9 and it works perfectly.
Thanks.

May I ask, was v.1.0.8 relying on .NET?
ReportQuote
Hi, I read the FAQ re Turbo mode, I'm still unclear as to exactly what it does.

If you use the -turbo parameter, "the application will run permanently in the background with only a tray icon showing."

Otoh, if you use the mtm menu option, Always Show Tray Icon: "With this enabled, the turbo tray icon is always loaded when the application starts, but without effecting the normal behaviour of the program."

What is the 'normal behavior'? Other tray icons, e.g. firewall, antivirus, run permanantly in the background. I don't understand the difference.

Thanks.
ReportQuote
Essentially Turbo starts T-Bird as a Service instead of as an application (the biggest difference I LOVE is that T-Bird doesn't restore itself every time you click a mailto link or otherwise do a send).
ReportQuote
No not .NET, but I was compiling it against a dll that I guess you don't have (or maybe the wrong version).

The setting and the flag result in roughly the same behavior*. Just enabled in different ways, some people like using the flag, and I need it for the start with windows option.

* the difference is -turbo will cause the window to be hidden on startup. But both create the tray icon that always shows.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for the info guys!
ReportQuote

Thread Closed