Thread Closed

MinimizeToTray Plus v1.0.7 installed in Thunderbird v3.0.1 under WinXP. Attempt to minimize to tray results in component load error dialog box: "cannot find binary component".
ReportQuote
Can you install this file, http://codefisher.org/download/beta/minimizetotray-plus2.xpi

When it starts up it should show an alert, I want to know the value of that. It will help narrow down my search for what is going wrong.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Sure.

WINNT-32 displayed in dialog at startup. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your prompt attention.
ReportQuote
That is the correct value, so I don't know what is causing the problem there. But I have updated the file again, to test something. What happens when you use it, and try and minimize to tray?

http://codefisher.org/download/beta/minimizetotray-plus2.xpi

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Installed the revised version. Same exact message when attempting to minimize. Additionaly now receive same dialog/message ("cannot find binary component") when starting Thunderbird.
ReportQuote
If you go to Tools -> Error Console are there any error messages there? If there are, can you right click them and press Copy then post them here.

It is supposed to happen at start up, if it happens at all. When you did not mention it, I went and checked if there might be something wrong, and there was.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Here's the message displayed in the error console:

Error: uncaught exception: 2147746065
ReportQuote
Rats, was hoping for something else besides just that one (which was expected). I have no idea what is going on right now. Hopefully if I get a few more reports I can figure things out.

I would guess version 1.0.6 would work fine. As I think the problem is in the code that selects the binary based on what operating system is currently in use, and 1.0.6 did not have that as it only supported Windows.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Okay, will give v1.0.6 a try. From where can I d/l a copy of the older version?

Thanks.
ReportQuote
Sorry I should have posted a link. They are all at http://codefisher.org/download/minimize/

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for the link. Tried v1.0.6 but get exact same error. Hrrmph. :)
ReportQuote
Thanks for the link. Tried v1.0.6 but get exact same error. Hrrmph. :)

Plus, found you a bonus entry from the error console:

Error: Components.classes is undefined
Source File: chrome://minimizetotray/content/core.js
Line: 66
ReportQuote
The error console message means the same thing as before.

I now have no idea what is going on. I don't know why this is happening, I though it might be my code the loads the binary that is in 1.0.7, but not 1.0.6. But as that can't be the case I am lost.

Maybe you could try reinstalling Thunderbird. And then reinstalling the extension again.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Same issue "Cannot find binary component" KUBUNTU Linux using Firefox 3.5.7 and Thunderbird 3.0.1 with MTT 1.0.7 Addon Extension
ReportQuote
@G Powell

Different issue. Heavens Murgatroid is using a supported platform, so it should work. Your most likely using 32bit versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, which due to issues compiling the needed binary is not currently supported.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
@G Powell

When available (which will likely be before you read this) check if you have any problems with 1.0.8.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
v1.0.8 Error console 'informational' message on Thunderbird startup:

Failed to load XPCOM component: C:\Documents and Settings\Hank R. Hill\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\pz7iri00.default\extensions\{de1b245c-de57-11da-ba2d-0050c2490048}\library\WINNT-32\MinimizeToTrayPlus.dll

...and still get the 'cannont find binary component' with associated error console 'Error: uncaught exception: 2147746065' message.
ReportQuote
@Heavens Murgatroid

I have not fixed your problem. As I don't know what it is. I have fixed the problem G Powell had, which would have been that the binary for his platform did not exist - it should now. For yours it clearly does (you just posted the path to the DLL file). But I have done some Googleing on the problem and came up with this.

https://developer-stage.mozilla.org/en/Troubleshooting_XPCOM_components_registration

What I want you to do is the bit with
set NSPR_LOG_MODULES=nsNativeModuleLoader:5
set NSPR_LOG_FILE=c:\Path\to\logfile
c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

And then post the logfile here for me to look at.

You might want to try the first hint under the section titled "General Hints" it might work.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Tried as per your suggestion but alas no logfile was generated.

?
ReportQuote
Did you make sure what you changed c:\Path\to\logfile to existed? If the path had spaces in it, try one without any, it might have messed the command up.

Did you try deleting the compreg.dat from your profile as suggested under "General Hints" on that page?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed