Thread Closed

I love the Xrl.In Tiny Links add-on. I use it regularly in Firefox, specifically the send link feature.

Yesterday that feature stopped working. I can still create the Xrl.in link from the URL window, but the send link feature is not functioning. This was with Xrl.In Tiny Links 1.3 I looked for an update in the Firefox add-ons and it said none found. I then when to your web site and saw there is 1.4 version, which I then installed. The Send link is not working in the File drop down list and njow, there is no contextual options showing when I hover over the tiny link icon in the URL window -- just option to "Create at tiny link with Xrl.In.

As I said, this send link feature is one I use almost daily...I look forward to any suggestions about how I might troubleshoot and restore that functionality.

Again, thanks for the great add-on.

Kind regards
ReportQuote
It works fine for me. It might have been a temporary problem. Can you confirm it is still broken.

The context menu was removed in 1.4. It was replaced by adding more options its option window. I read a guide on how to use the extension, and it got it horribly wrong. So I tried to simplify it.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Dear Michael,

Forgive the delay in my reply.

The "send link" function of the extension is still not working for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. The icon in the URL window is working. (And thank you for the information about removing the contextual options from that icon)

I have the latest version of Firefox, and use MS Outlook as my default email client. So maybe I have a bug somewhere else in my system.

If you have any further suggestions on what I might do to troubleshoot or diagnose, I'd welcome them gratefully.

Kind regards,
ReportQuote
Try the Default Mail utility to make sure that M$ Outlook is set correctly as your default email client.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Saturday 19th December 2009

I am also suffering a new problem using XRL.in in Firefox v3.5.5. When first installed, the extension worked fine but I now get this message when I click the small button in the address bar (without most of the %xx chars) to create an XRL link:

http://preview.xrl.in/%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cb%3EFatal%20error%3C/b%3E:%20%20Cannot%20break/continue%201%20level%20in%20%3Cb%3E/home/content/06/4819906/html/index.php%3C/b%3E%20on%20line%20%3Cb%3E35%3C/b%3E%3Cbr%20/%3E

Basically, it's stopped working.
I'm thinking about uninstalling it.
ReportQuote
Xrl.In has stopped working for me. Even if I go directly to the Xrl.In website and paste a URL in there, it comes back with something like this when using Firefox (v3.5.6):

http://xrl.in/%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cb%3EFatal%20error%3C/b%3E:%20%20Cannot%20break/continue%201%20level%20in%20%3Cb%3E/home/content/06/4819906/html/index.php%3C/b%3E%20on%20line%20%3Cb%3E35%3C/b%3E%3Cbr%20/%3E

With Internet Explorer (v8), the error looks like this: Fatal error: Cannot break/continue 1 level in /home/content/06/4819906/html/index.php on line 35

Mike
ReportQuote
Sorry, I was working on the site last night. And it appears my testing failed to pick up this particular problem. Only happens to certain links, it is fixed now.

Again sorry for the inconvenience.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for the quick reply and repair, Michael.

Mike
ReportQuote
I second Mike's reply; Xrl.in appears to be working again in Firefox/Palemoon :-)
ReportQuote
Dear Michael,

I should have written much sooner to let you know my issue with the Tiny Links extension was just that - mine. Somehow one of the settings/values in the About:config settings for the extension was not accurate. With that corrected, the extension was back to working as usual.

After Adblock Plus, Xrl.In Tiny Links is my most used. A real help. And congrats on adding the new Group link function. I haven't tried it yet, but imagine it could be useful.

Our nonprofit is facing financial challenges now, but we look forward to making a donation to you in the future.

Regards,
ReportQuote
Thanks for the compliments, and getting around to posting back! Looking forward to your donation when your able to make it :)

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed