Thread Closed

Hi there!

Your firefox extension seems like a great idea. I installed it for a (not so techy) friend so that he may insert links into his ebay listings without having to learn how to code HTML. However, unfortunately it does not work when you follow the steps below:

1) Go to ebay.com
2) Click "Sell an item"
3) Input name of item
4) Select "Advanced Sell (Sell Your Item Form)"
5) Press the "Start Selling" button
5) Under the "Describe the item you're selling" section, change from the "Standard" to the "HTML" tab

Then attempt to use the formatting toolbar - it seems to be disabled.

I have tried to use your formatting toolbar on other sites, such as the IMDB forum, and it works really well.

This may be a known issue, but I am afraid I cannot find it on the site.

Thank you for looking at this, and for your accomplishment with the extension.

Best wishes
Hal

PS I have noticed a couple of spelling mistakes - I hope you won't be offended if I mention them:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4763 - formatting has two "T"s (it's not "formating")

Spambot check at the bottom of this form:
"Since spam bots have problems guessing the correct answer to questions they don't reconize here are two simple questions to make sure you are human. If you register you will not have to answer these questions." - note that reconize should be "recognize" (note the "g")
ReportQuote
They might not being a standard text entry box, but some other means of entry. Which the extension does not yet support. I have not worked on it for a long time; though I would like to update it again soon.

Actually I think both spellings are valid. At least the spell checker does not complain with either of them. Though yeah, I am trying to make sure it put two 't's every where. As to the "recognize" I appear to have fixed that 2 years ago - then forgotten to upload the file.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi Michael
Thanks for your explanation of why the toolbar does not work for ebay. You are correct, the ebay form does not use a standard text entry box, and instead opts for a complex set of nested div tags. What a shame they have to make it so complicated! ;-) I wish you all the best with the toolbar in the future - for other purposes, it's a great little extension! ;-) Best wishes
Hal
ReportQuote
It can provide a far richer text editing experience if done right. I would like to use the same basic concept in the extension so that you can compose text in a nice WYSIWYG interface, and have the extension change it back into all the tags. But that is a while off yet.

Regards
Michael

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed