Thread Closed

Start Application with windows does not stay checked.
In neither Firefox 3.5.3 or Thunderbird 3.0b4
ReportQuote
What OS are you using. XP, Vista or Windows 7?

The problem is not so much that the check box will not stay checked but that the setting must not be getting saved to the window registry.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Windows Vista 32bit
ReportQuote
Vista
I check it
hit ok
i immediately go back, ad it is unchecked. :(
ReportQuote
If you open regedit and try and manually add something to SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run does that work? Will it let you do that.

Could some security tool be blocking the extension form editing the registry?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I was able to write to the registry, and I unloaded Spybot search and destroy. Still does not want to stay checked. Can I manually add the command to the registry?
ReportQuote
Update: Apparently, there was something blocking the change, as I was able to make the change while in safe mode. If I can determine what it was, i will post an update.
ReportQuote
Although I've not confirmed this, I believe running Windows Vista in safe mode means everything you run is done so with elevated privileges. Which means you were able to apply the registry change from Thunderbird probably because of that.

To prevent going into safe mode, you need to either do it manually, or run Thunderbird as an administrator (right-click TB shortcut -> Run as administrator). Don't worry if the checkbox doesn't stay on after this - the registry change remains applied I believe.

Regards,

Knight
ReportQuote
The change stayed when I rebooted normally. The check box remained checked. Both Firefox and Thunderbird now load minimized on startup.

-Joe
ReportQuote
Thanks Knight for the pointer. I guess I am showing my inexperience with Vista, and maybe windows in general as I have not used it much of late.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
MinimizeToTray Plus Version - 1.0.7 on SM2.0 Windows Vista 32bit.

I've tried workaround by safe mode or "run as admin", but so far neither ways work on my environment. In any cases, "Load application at system startup" option seems to stay unchecked on SM2.0. It's sad because this add-on would be a perfect fix and enhance of missing turbo mode on SM, which has been dropped recently when it got update from SM 1.x to 2 :(
ReportQuote
@turu
I have identified the cause of your problem, and will get it fixed soon.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Just thought i'd post for the benifit of those who end up in this post for the same reason joe started it that while running vista i ran into the same problem and running as administrator solved the problem straight away so i would suggest making that approach your first port of call,hope it works for you too as it is a great function to have especially for TB and a big thanks to micheal for sharing it.
ReportQuote

Thread Closed