Thread Closed

This may sound a little crazy but is there a way to create a button that takes you to a web page *and* uses the page icon as the button icon?

It would work exactly like the 'favorite page' button but I could have as many as I wanted and I would use them just like bookmarks. Like instead of us requesting a Blogger button, a WordPress button, maybe even a CodeFisher button, whatever, I would just create a new bookmark button. Now that I think about it, it sounds the same as the B\bookmark toolbar, but I really dig making them buttons instead of bookmarks.

Just a thought,
Eddy.
ReportQuote
Have you seen my Custom Toolbar Button Maker? Doing this I think calls for something like that, I will be doing so soon.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hey Michael.

I don't quite understand. The Custom Toolbar Button Maker seems like it just picks from the existing toolbar buttons where I was thinking something along the lines of the custom button maker (made by some other guy) but simpler. Like just an image and a url.

And maybe I'm dumb I don't think that there a guest reply feature on your forum.
ReportQuote
Nope I am cleaver, you had to sign up to reply :p I like to get the number of registered users up.

What I will try is a web form that you can put a URL in and possible ask it to get the sites favicon, or else use your own image. From this an extension is produced that you can download. It would be much less word than doing anything like Custom Buttons�² and work almost as well.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed