Thread Closed

Hi,
I would appreciate a new feature "always in tray even when minimized". http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/faq.html#2.7

And, if developement of minimizetotray has been stalled yet, what about overtaking their project maybe?
ReportQuote
I have emailed them about taking over the project... no response. I need a C++ complier before I can take it over though. I will get one soon, and then I will start getting the project up to speed.

Your feature request is an old one to me, I will be adding it.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Well, seams the maintainer for the original minimize to tray project is away for a long time. Maybe mail mozilla directly and ask how long the project can stay unmaintained until them give it away?

About C++... I am not a geek, but I know some basics. If you are interested you may mail me, send me your jabber id and I would be glad to help with the first steps if you are complete new to C++.
ReportQuote
I know a little C++ I can read it enough to say translate it into PHP, but I can't really write it yet. I will mail addons.mozilla.org to see if I can get access to the extension there, then try minimizetotray.mozdev.org

I don't use jabber, IM is such a time waster that I tend to ovoid it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi,
I would appreciate a new feature "always in tray even when minimized"
Also for me
ReportQuote
Yes I will do it when I start updating the extension which does not look like soon - very busy with everything else.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
would it be possible to have it always in the system tray and never in the taskbar regardless of rather it is minimized or maximized
i had been using trayit!.exe but i like the start minimized feature in sour addon. Thunderbird ignores it a windows start-up shortcut :(

if i use trayit! and this addon when it is maximized i have 2 Thunderbird Icons in my system tray so i tried having it remove its shell icon unfortunately that hid the new mail notification although it did what i wanted it to do temperarely also using minimem.exe cause my ancient/obsolete computer only has 248 ram running XP and a video card that can't even play a video on youtube :( (using just over 20 add-ons) (10-year old hardware)
but i bet other executable programs aren't worth checking for 100% compatibility with especially when there is probably nothing that con be done from your end anyway, lol

Also the Google Calender add-on has a feature that tells users that it requires additional add-ons from the add-on manager (this computer can't handle the lightening add-on) may be worth looking at (see comments on your add-on at addons.mozilla.org)

Edited by az on Oct. 15, 2008, 5:01 a.m.

ReportQuote
Honest answer is, I don't know. Got no objection to trying it though.

Yes I know how the ability to make that add-on manager do that but the real solution is to remove the dependency; which I want to do next time I update the extension.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed