Thread Closed

Hi everyone. Could someone explain to me what "Turbo Mode" is?

Thanks in advance,

Knight
ReportQuote
It is a feature in the MinimizeToTray extension that allows you to partially start the application, only showing the tray icon. The result being that when you do so for real, it will start extremely fast.

Only problem was the implementation of it is buggy in MinimizeToTray and not easily to accessed or used effectively. The imitate release of MinimizeToTray Plus should fix that.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thank you for your prompt answer.

I just tried it on MinimizeToTray Plus - it seems to work great. To everyone who contributed to this - thank you for all your work.

Sincere regards,

Knight
ReportQuote
I've just detected something - when I launch Thunderbird in Turbo Mode, with the new Pre version of MinimizeToTray Plus, whenever new mail arrives and I click on the popup box above the system tray, Thunderbird's window flashes open for a split-second and then closes again (only the window, the application remains running and the system tray icon visible).

Is there a way around this behavior?

Again, thank you,

Knight
ReportQuote
The currently known bugs in the extension are
QUOTE:
* Right click on the icons does not work in Firefox 3.5.
* Some window flicker in turbo mode may still exist in Thunderbird.

It is fixable with a custom built binary, but short of that I don't know if I can improve it. Plan is to submit a patch to Mozilla to make this work better.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello,

I have a question for "windows flicker" by turbo mode in Thunderbird. I have this flicker always when TB start up, but often after flicker stay TB open - this cause the same known bug in turbo mode how you wrote above or error is elsewhere?

Thank you and sincere regards

Martin
ReportQuote
What version of the add-on are you using? As that changes the answer.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
ReportQuote
I though I had fixed that by now, and there should be no flicker in version 1.0.5. I will go recheck it out.

Can't wait till I get the Linux port working so I can run it on my own computer....

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed