Post new Reply

Adding special cases for other extensions is not something that I will ever do. It would become a maintenance nightmare. The developer of XNote might be willing to add support for my extension though, so you could ask them?

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Sure I will ask them. I thought it could be added as general option to minimize all Thuderbird windows, not just the main window.

Best regards

Pavel
ReportQuote
It would be nice to do that, problem is there is no easy way (as far as I can tell) to tell Thunderbird to add a block of code into every window, each one must be listed.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello,

i have change files from the svn, now i have 1.10Beta. But not work with Firefox 4 Final. .(
ReportQuote
The svn repo is still no quite there when it comes it Firefox 4 support. Did you just swap the files, or did you actually manage to compile the extension?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I compile nothing, only changed files in the xpi. After i have install this. Sorry, but my english is not so good.

Do you speak German?
ReportQuote
To get it partly working you would actually have to start compiling stuff. I am hoping to create an update in the next month or so, but it may take longer.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello,

i dont can compile the stuff. :(
ReportQuote
Then sadly you must wait :(

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I second the request for support for memory trimming. That would make a great addition even better!
ReportQuote
I'm not sure if these should fall under feature requests or bugs, but here they are (2 things). I should (by way of context) state that I only use M2T+ for Thunderbird which I want open all the time but don't use much & want out of the way, so this only applies to TB(3.1.9) as far as I know.

First: when I close TB and reopen it (for any reason, generally updating extensions or switching profiles) M2T+ leaves a TB icon in the tray, so that there are 2 or at times even 3 of them. If the mouse passes over the older one it disappears, but you can't necessarily tell which is which I would certainly call it a bug, but it's a very minor annoyance at worst (for me at least). This likely applies to FF as well, but I can't swear to it. It's essentially cosmetic & just looks unprofessional.

Second (and in my opinion far more important): when TB is -turbo started as a service, clicking an mailto link will bring up only the compose window (as happens when such a link is clicked when TB is not running at all); however if TB is running normally the TB window pops up as well as the compose window which is VERY annoying. My problem is that if TB is restarted for any reason, when it comes back it no longer seems to run as a service and when sending email the entire window pops up again until the system is re-booted so what I'd like to see is, if -turbo is enabled, TB sets itself as a service ANY time it starts (not just at system start up (I know this can be done since there are several other applications I use that become system services when installed or activated).

Edited by Michael on Jan. 7, 2015, 4:15 p.m.

ReportQuote
This is a great plugin for Thunderbird. It does everything I want except one thing: A feature I would like to see is some sort of change to the tray icon when there is new mail. Maybe a number of messages waiting or a little ball or something - anything just to let me know at a glance that I have new mail.
ReportQuote
Hope you can add support for thunderbird 5.0 beta 1 which was released a few days ago v1.09 won't work with that :(
ReportQuote
Yes, would also like an update version for Thunderbird 5.0

Thank You very much!
ReportQuote
Requesting Thunderbird v5 support, with others.
ReportQuote
Please provide support for Thunderbird 5.0, thanks :)
ReportQuote
please update to TB5.0!!!!!!
ReportQuote
Until TB 5.0 updates use this tip...Install (Minimize On Start and Close 1.3.2) and (TrayIt! 4.6.5.5) together with TB 5.0 .

This is an alternative way to have TB 5.0 startup and have an icon placed into your sytem tray When your Windows system starts up.

Read instructions that come with (TrayIt! 4.6.5.5) to see how to start TB on system start up,,,

Or just see here: http://techstroke.com/how-to-launch-thunderbird-automatically-at-startup-minimized-in-system-tray.html

When you enable (TrayIt! 4.6.5.5), and add TB 5.0 to it, an icon will be placed into the system tray instead of the start bar when your system starts up.

Make sure you install (Minimize On Start and Close 1.3.2) To TB 5.0 and check the boxes under options that says minimize on start and close

Link for (TrayIt! 4.6.5.5) http://www.teamcti.com/trayit/trayit.htm

Link for (Minimize On Start and Close 1.3.2) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/minimize-on-start-and-close/
ReportQuote
Thank you for information sharing, it useful to me.

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReportQuote
Could it be possible to enhance compatibility of MinimizeToTray.
I miss it since I upgraded to Thunderbird 5.0 !

Great extension ! Good Work..
ReportQuote

Post new Reply