Post new Reply

@Michael,

I'd like to ask you about the feature you discussed above with rojer. Can we expect implementing "minimizing on left click on the tray icon" in the near future. It really would be nice.

Thanks and cheers!
ReportQuote
The beta that I posted somewhere some time back I think already did that in part. I graduate from university in 2 weeks for so, and am taking some time off after that. I hope to get the extension fixed up during that time.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks for the reply and good luck on your finalsm if you still have any to go :)
ReportQuote
Maybe it is possible to somehow indicate the new mail arrival with the tray icon? That would be great!:)
ReportQuote
Someone clearly did not search the forums, it happens to be one of the most requested features...
:P

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I would like to have an optional feature that closes all tabs/goes to the home page when Firefox is minimized. Imagine you are browsing for something embarassing, then somebody comes in, you quickly close (i.e. minimize) firefox, that person wants to check something on the internet on your computer and then *BAM*, the embarassing site shows up again.

ADMIN EDIT: if you don't feel like entering a real email address, so you get notified of a response, I don't feel I should waste time replying to your message. I think entering something random like dsfsdjlk@fjldk.com is disrespectful.
ReportQuote
Hello,

Any news of support of FF4 ?

Cheeers
ReportQuote
@ChefChaudart

I have worked out most of what I need to do to get it working in FF4, but I have not got a release ready yet. Busy right now, but I will get there.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
For me the main usage of MinimizeToTray Plus is the "Minimize to the tray on close" feature.

Unfortunately this options also targets popup windows which renders it unusable.
Could you (maybe optional) include a setting that the "Minimize to the tray on close" option only affects the main window so that popups can be closed normally?
ReportQuote
I remember an extension that it was able to reduce memory usage when Firefox was minimized to tray. Could you do the same feature for your extension "minimize to tray plus"?
ReportQuote
@Trout

It appears I wrote a reply to your post, but forgot to submit it. I did however remember to add it to my list of things to do in the first post.

@Mark
Put simply the latest versions of the extension have a bug (caused by a workaround to another one) that prevent that happening by default. This is being fixed.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
@Michael

I can help out on building the thing for FF4 (if that's what's left to be done, and if you think that'd be helpful). This extension is the only thing keeping me from migrating to FF4 and enjoying the new speed :P

Edited by kizzx2 on Feb. 5, 2011, 4:10 p.m.

ReportQuote
Any patches welcome. Either a modified xpi or real patches for the svn repo http://svn.codefisher.org/svn/minimizetotray/trunk/

The real problem is I left the extension (on svn) in a rather broken state after I dropped it last year once the final exams stated. I had wiped out a block of code because it was buggy and causing problems, but my replacement does not work yet either. I am dreading picking it up again, because it is rather thorny C++ that has to be dealt with.

Or maybe the real problem is I have started more projects then I am able to maintain myself, while not being able to get anyone else interested enough in them to contribute. Such is life.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Would like compatibility with Sunbird 1.0b1.
ReportQuote
I am working on merging changes kizzx2 has sent me, I will enable Sunbird 1.0b1 support when I release it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thunderbird has the option trim_on_minimize (See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Config.trim_on_minimize) which allows moving unused memory from physical memory to the windows pagefile.

This is especially useful for low-memory systems. Unfortunately, this only seems to work when TB is minimized normally rather than to tray.

It would be great if this could be made to work with this addon.
ReportQuote
@arik
Side effect of a work around to another bug. Once I fix that properly (about 50% of the way there - working on it right now) this bug will go away too.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
@Michael
Great! Your probably know all about it, but I just stumbled over a page describing the trimming on minimize of windows windows:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293215/en-us?fr=1
ReportQuote
Yeah I know about it. The reason why it is not working is that when I minimize the window to the tray, the window is not set to the minimized state. I get problems if it is right now.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello, would it be possible to add option to also minimize XNote window, if it is open?

From http://www.froihofer.net/xnote/

Issue: If you minimize Thunderbird to the system tray by using the MinimizeToTray Plus extension while an XNote window shows a message, the XNote window is not closed. If you close the XNote window, the Thunderbird window will be restored and you have to minimize it again.
Comment and workaround: This is a minor incompatibility with another add-on. MinimizeToTray only minimizes the main window, but not other windows with messages or the XNote window. In order to work around this issue, close the XNote window or select an e-mail without an associated note before you minimize to tray.

Best regards,

Pavel
ReportQuote

Post new Reply