Post new Reply

Hello. I wish to request feature, what at the close (not minimize) were closed all tabs.
Thanks.
ReportQuote
Sorry I don't understand what your asking. I guess your not a native English speaker, so maybe you could write your request in your native tongue (Russian?) and I can then use Google to translate it. Then, particularly if you made you post longer, we might be able to understand each other better.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
When the option "Always show tray icon" is selected and Thunderbird is minimised to the taskbar, the tray icon doesn't do anything if clicked on. It would be more user-friendly if it restored the minimised window in this situation, as most other programs do.
ReportQuote
Fixed for the next release. Thanks for pointing out.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi
I recently downloaded sunbird and the latest version here is no supported on the 0.9 release. I don't know how the compatibility issues are fixed. but i think it would be great to add 0.9.

looking forward to using this add-on
ReportQuote
It will only work on applications based on Gecko 1.9+ (ie Firefox 3.0). Sunbird 0.9 uses Gecko 1.8. MinimizeToTray does support the pre releases of Sunbird 1.0, so if you want you could try using them.

Sometimes just changing the claimed compatibility is fine and everything works. But in this case if you try and make it install in 0.9 it simply cause the program to crash.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
FF Version: 3.5.7
MinimizeToTrayPlus Version: 1.0.7

I have entered config.trim_on_minimize (true) in about:config. It keeps FF from being such a memory hog. I've noticed, tho, that your minimize is suppressing that? Or over-riding it? Or fighting with it? Minimized to the system tray with your extension, it's a memory hog, again.

Thoughts?
ReportQuote
@Vic

That would be because of my work around to this bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502457

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hey,
Looks like a really nice plugin, but what I am missing is the possibility to unminimize Thunderbird by a hotkey (when its in the tray you dont have to click there). Also it would be nice to make the hotkey user defined.
ReportQuote
@MPK
I will be adding that at some point. However right now I just want to wait till I am sure I have everything working properly before I add any new features.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Im in linux Mint 8 ( ubuntu 9.10 )

Will be nice under linux to :
- When a email come, in the tray you have number of email waiting
- A way to make the application on the first start to minimize ( so when i boot my OS that the program is on and ready to rock )
ReportQuote
It will work if your using I 64bit edition. I still can't get the 32bit version to build, I am working on it though.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi

how about add a "Close all tabs" option when "minimize to the tray on close" option is selected?
ReportQuote
Your better off selecting to always show the tray icon, and letting it open new windows, instead of recycling them.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
It works, Thanks! But the approach is not intuitive, I think.
ReportQuote
Besides adding a new preference, what do you think could make it more intuitive? I want to improve the usability of the next version, so I am asking as many people that don't understand/find confusing parts of the extension their opinions. General comments about anything is welcome.

Do you think making this the default option would help? So that by default it always shows an icon?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
First thx for that great add-on, I'm using it with Firefox 3.6.

I just wanted to post a similar suggestion like elgoogih did. The main reason for me using your extension is to bypass the long starting time of FF. So it would be great if somehow there would be an option that after restoring from tray FF just shows one tab with the home page. (I have "minimize to tray on close" activated)

Because of your former question, I think there are no confusing parts in this extension, every offered option is self-explaining. I wouldn't reduce the offered options, so everybody has the possibility to adjust the extension to his own taste.
ReportQuote
Can you free the RAM memory when the application is minimized?
For example, when MSN messenger is running with the window visible it spends like 60mb in RAM, but if you minimize it to the tray icon, then MSN messenger optimizes the RAM memory and decrease from 60mb to 5mb.
This feature could be and excellent idea.
ReportQuote
Sorry, I didn't see the post of Jake at Jan, 07 2010 16:33, it's a really bad news that you can't implement that feature.
ReportQuote
@FiendFox

Ok, since it looks like there are a few people of this opinion, I will try and see what I can come up with. Might just add a hidden setting or something of that nature.

@Sinfocal

I intend to post a patch to the cause of this problem soon. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502457 If people want to vote on that, and make a bit of general noise about how annoying that bug is, it might help me get it though.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply