Post new Reply

Lost your latest version of Minimize to Tray when upgrading Thunderbird to their latest version 3.0. Thought your version 0.7.5.3 would cover it, but getting the "not compatible" error. What is the time frame for one that will work with the new Thunderbird?
ReportQuote
The current version on the extensions home page, 1.0.6 should install, and more importantly work. Anything in the 0.7 series is totally broken in anything based of Firefox 3

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Not on Mozilla's add-on page. Can you post a link?
ReportQuote
Sorry Micheal, dl'd and installed ver 1.5 and it works like a charm. Dunno why I didn't find this before. Apologize for the confusion on my part....
ReportQuote
It is a bit harder to find when it is not on the add-ons page, so I should have posted a link. I will get it there soon I hope.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I've just seen that you added the CTRL-W functionality - THANK YOU! :-)
Regards,
refi
ReportQuote
Thank you for asking me too :)

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Left clicking on the tray icon when FF is open opens a new window. If we do that when FF is hidden behind another application, this may not be the thing we expect (furthermore, it's a mess to close the window depending on the options we chose).

An option to have "Restore FF" as the default in all situation would be great (or without option if everybody expect this to be the default obviously).
ReportQuote
It will only open a new window if there are no windows to restore, and your clicking on the "Quick Launch/Turbo" icon. This seams be be quite logical to me?

It would only be a mess of you have the "Minimize To Tray on close" selected. In which case closing windows can be messy, but I can see no solution to that. Do you have any ideas on how to improve it?

Looking forward to any feed back :) Michael

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
If I have an open window, that is hidden behind another one, I do not see that it is minimized or not. So, I click on the tray icon to restore it, and it opens a new one.
It would be very handy to be able to always use the existing window (when one is present obviously).

I personnally want to always use only one window.
I hope this is better explained now.

Thanks
ReportQuote
Just trying to fully understand what you what, so as to find the best solution, so another question...

What stops your just scanning along the tasksbar to see if there is already a window open? So you can click that instead of the tray icon?

I am thinking though that this could be done quite easily, though I would use a hidden about:config setting I think.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
This extension is a wonderful time and space saver.
As such, I would love to always have a consistent behaviour (for both TB & FF)like:
- always have a tray icon (done)
- never have a task bar icon
- always have a restore of the existing window when clicking on the tray icon

I understand that not everybody expect the behaviour, but, even it this is a personal choice, it looks very logical/consistent to me ;-)
Thnaks a lot for the responsiveness any way.
ReportQuote
QUOTE:
Never have a task bar icon

That is next to impossible to do. The windowing systems on almost any OS are not designed to allow that.

QUOTE:
always have a restore of the existing window when clicking on the tray icon

That is doable. Though I am not sure I really intend my extension to be used like that. I will have a think about it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Please add an icon of a different color in the tray in case it is at least one unread message (this way a user will be aware of it to open Thunderbird and read messages).
This feature is enabled in the popular email client TheBat.
You can add a "bird" with red letter for instance. Or you can make it animated icon like in TheBat.
ReportQuote
Feature request:
- use different tray icons when email conditions are different
- flash the tray icon

In other words, when there is no new emails, it uses the default Thunderbird icon. When there are some new email(s), it uses a different icon.

The simplest way is to change color of the default icon, e.g., turn the blue part to red.

When we want to be perfect:
- If there is no email, use default Thunderbird icon.
- If there are one or more new email(s) in 1 account, change to a different icon with "1" in it.
- If there are one or more new email(s) in 2 accounts, change to a different icon with "2" in it.
- If there are one or more new email(s) in x accounts, change to a different icon with "x" in it. (x stands for the upper limit for this feature.)
- If there is at least 1 new email, flash the tray icon.

This can turn Thunderbird from a pure email client into an email client plus an email notifier.
ReportQuote
I don't like anything that flashes, so no to that.

I am thinking of eventually doing something down those lines, but it will take a different form from what you have purposed here.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Request:
- thunderbird: show a counter of unread messages in the tray
ReportQuote
@SyneX
I will, it is just a matter of working out how I want to do it, and finding the time to actually write the code.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
When minimized:
1. Memory cleanup/optimized.
2. Lower CPU process priority (preferably paused or idle).
ReportQuote
Neither of them can really be done in any Mozilla application. The first is impossible, with the exception of the Firefox page cache. Though I do see where your coming from with the first, it is common in some applications written in Java. And I don't think the second can be done from within an application, though I may be wrong about that. The mechanism are just not there to do it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply