Thread Closed

Do you know where the required libraries are for it (by know I mean direct links)(installation instruction would be nice to)
I put Linux on my flash drives;
Here is the build I put on it puppy-4.2-k2.6.25.16-seamonkey.iso.
I also put dsl-4.4.10.iso on another one.
ReportQuote
Opps thought I replied to this...

Since you have not told me what libraries are missing all I can point to is ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet_packages-4/ which has a lot of packages you can install on puppy. Word of warning though, it might be very hard to get it to work. You might need newer versions of libraries then currently installed, but other programs might depend on them being the current versions and you can end up in all sorts of messes.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Worst case scenario i delete it from the flash drive and reload them to it
I don't really know which i need i read the requirements but don't know where to get the libraries i google it get the site and end up having know idea what file to download from an archive of files it then what to do with it
I would like to keep the entire system in a quarter gig flash drive.
surprisingly wine load firefox portable 10 times faster than windows in it with my addons, lol
i know you don't have a mac i know you have called windows a crappy os (cant get default mail client) (hope it works with Firefox 3.5) speaking of buttons profile button does not work in the build i have. to tired to fix letter case
having a hard time installing it to the hard drive on my old computer seeing as how the keyboard is useless until windows boots XP
ReportQuote
Try installing it from the source code. The ./configure script will likely tell you what is missing.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I got firfeox 3.0.11 running but when i try to leave a page with a flash object in it is crashes/locks up
I found this:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=30434 post 9
it is the same situation described
It would really help if you could tell me how to get it working.
ReportQuote
I don't know, never had the problem, so never worked out how to fix it. Better of posting on the MozillaZine forums or something.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
tried that already XP http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1309025
ReportQuote
Ultimately it might be just easier to get a bigger USB so you can fit Ubuntu or something like that on it.

It is normally that some bit of software or library is missing or incomputable. It takes for ever to track it down - if your lucky enough to do that.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
im using a 1 gig on it but it gets very hot doing that i had that model burn out on me using firefox portable for a few days 4 hrs strait
so i wanted it to run from the ram do you know if a small build optimized for firefox
i could do with one that is just firefox and a file browser (import browser setting)
ReportQuote
Is there some reason you need to have Linux on the stick, so using the portable version of Firefox is not an option?

I don't really follow the latest in the way of distributions other then the 3 or so main ones. So I am not familiar with any.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
� So I don't have to put up with vista.
� It will run faster if it is in the ram.
What are the 3 main? I know ubuntu is one.
ReportQuote
Fedora/Red Hat and Suse where the ones I had in mind. I guess it would be unfair though if I left Debian out of the list which is Ubuntu's parent if you like.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
What Linux OS should I use on
http://i41.tinypic.com/21mb7mu.jpg
also
VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corpation GeForce 8200M G (rev a2)
?
Vista was running better on it (I removed that OS)
ReportQuote
I don't really know, anyone of them should be ok.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Fixed the issue a driver up date did the trick runs just like it should now. :)
ReportQuote
kool :)

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
something is wrong with flash
http://i39.tinypic.com/2lwq35t.png
ReportQuote
Try installing a different flash plugin, there are several out there.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed