Thread Closed

Hello!

Extension does not work with
https://addons.mozilla.org/fi/thunderbird/addon/10488
in Thunderbird 3 beta 2
ReportQuote
Then I guess he renamed something what I wish he did not. My own plans are to merge MinimizeToTray into my extension to remove all such problems, I just need to find the time to do it.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I installed Beta 3 yesterday and it's also not working there. When I right-click the icon nothing happens (normally the menu should appear). I hope this will be fixed.
ReportQuote
I am looking for work arounds to this, but though it badly effects my extension the bug is not inside it.

Please everyone go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502457 and vote on the bug. There is a link up the top near where it says "Importance". The more votes the more important and the more interest I can get from the Mozilla developers about it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Ok, I voted for it. I hope this will be fixed.
ReportQuote
Even if a solution is worked out, I fear they would not merge the change before version 4.0. My understanding is that everything in the 3.5.* branch is now only security patches.

I am looking for work arounds but none of them are turning out too good so far.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hmm, that's bad :-( ... And what's about Thunderbird 3? It will take some time until it will be released. But how did that bug happen? It worked in former versions of both Firefox and Thunderbird.
ReportQuote
By the way, I found a version of MinimizeToTray which seems to work (context menu appears):

http://tn123.ath.cx/mintrayr/
ReportQuote
I will investigate what they have done then. Thanks for reporting.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
When I right click their icon, Firefox simply crashes on my computer :(

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hmm, it works for me :-| :

http://picfront.org/d/0sJLsnEAF/Thunderbird.png

Unfortunately, the context menu has different entries than the original extension (and the first entry "New message" doesn't seem to work), so I hope you will get your version to work :-).
ReportQuote
In Thunderbird 3.0 beta 3, when I open Tb and try to minimize the window, it loses focus but stays on screen. Or sometimes it minimizes to the taskbar, but not to the tray. I have to click on the minimize button again to minimize it. After restoring the window I can minimize it again with a single click, so it's just the first time after starting Tb. I also don't get a context menu on the tray icon. Both bugs are not in MinTrayR.
ReportQuote
Same thing in Firefox 3.5.2.
ReportQuote
The crash problem in MinTrayR was fixed about the time of my last post. You will not get that now.

@DaKo
Version 1.0.2 of my extension should work fine. I am just waiting for it to be pushed public on addons.mozilla.org.

@mausi
What version of my extension do you have, and what operating system? Anything you can add that might mean I can reproduce this. One of the translators had exactly the same problem, and I need to narrow it down so I can work out what is causing it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I tried the new version with Thunderbird 3 Beta 3, but unfortunately it's still not working as it is supposed to be :-(. It minimizes Thunderbird to the tray, but when I right-click on the icon nothing appears. If I activate "Always show tray icon" and then right-click the icon the context menu seems to pop-up very fast (you can only see some "flickering").
ReportQuote
What operating system are you using? Window XP, Vista, 7? Are they 32 or 64 bit?

I don't have problems when I test it. So there has to be some difference between our set ups, and I need to find out what to be able to track down the problem.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. The other installed extensions I have are adressContext (not working with Tb 3), Contacts Sidebar (deactivated, not working with Tb 3), Delete Junk Context Menu, German Dictionary, Display Mail User Agent, Mail Redirect (I think it's also not working with Tb 3), MinimizeToTray Plus/revived, Nightly Tester Tools and Xpunge (not working with Tb 3). As I just saw mausi has the same bugs/problems as me. I hope we can find a solution :-).
ReportQuote
When you say "MinimizeToTray Plus/revived" does that mean you have MinimizeToTray Revived (MinTrayR) installed and enabled as well as my extension? Since we both try and work around the same problem with the menus not showing (that is caused by https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502457 ) strange things could happen.

Else I am not sure, I have tested the extension on the 32bit versions of both XP and Vista and it worked fine. None of your installed extensions sound like they would cause problems.

If you try a new profile (just create an empty one) with just MinimizeToTray Plus installed do you still get the same problem?

As soon as I can narrow down the critical difference so I can reproduce the problem I can solve it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
No, only one extension is activated, but both are installed. I tried it now with a portable version of Thunderbird 3 Beta 3 with a new profile and the result is the same: the context menu isn't shown:-(. However, I made an interesting discovery: if I activate "Always show tray icon" (the other option below that can also be activated), the context menu appears, but Thunderbird mustn't be minimized to the tray. If I minimize it to the tray, the context menu seems to "flicker" up and Thunderbird hangs/runs slowly (it uses almost 40 % of my Dual Core, so one core is pretty busy). The only way to stop it is to run the task manager and terminate thunderbird.exe. This doesn't happen with the other extension. Maybe I can make a video if you wish.
ReportQuote
Michael: I'm using MinimizeToTrayPlus 1.0.2 on Firefox 3.5.2 and Thunderbird 3.0b3, both German. OS is Windows XP Pro SP3, 32 bit, German with the Windows Classic theme. Also happens with a fresh profile.
ReportQuote

Thread Closed