Post new Reply

Hi,

I have a problem with your fine extension "Add-ons Button" on Pale Moon v. 28.2 (64 Bit) under Win 7 (64 Bit): Until yesterday, Add-ons Button v. 1.1.1 was running there without any problem -- but then it was updated automatically to v.1.1.1.1 resp. v.1.1.2: Now, whenever I restart Pale Moon, the button has disappeared from the navigation bar where I had placed it via "Customize toolbar". So, whenever I start the browser I have to open "customize toolbar" again and put the button to the desired position. The only solution I found is to install the "old" version 1.1.1 again and then uncheck "automatic update" for this extension in the Add-ons panel (about:addons).

Do you have a better solution?
Greetings from Germany (and sorry for my English: this is not my mother tongue)
ReportQuote
Not sure, try downloading it via this tool which might work better. https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/toolbar_button_maker/

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi Michael,

thank you for your fast reply, but I am sorry: I find the problem with all three versions of the extension which I have tested (via "Button List" and via "Toolbar button maker", with English or German locale). But, as I have told already, the problem is not with the downloaded extension itself (with version number 1.1.1), because it only occurs when the extension is updated automatically to a version higher than 1.1.1. Obviously, the "newer" versions seem to be not fully compatible to Pale Moon 28.1.0. Thus, the question is: What changes have been made in the new version of the extension, so that it don't like to remain in the toolbar?
ReportQuote
Ok, I think the problem is not so much a change in the new version, but some kind of corruption in the update process. The reason the update gets issued, is when your version if Pale Moon is above that claimed by the extension, it issues an update with a bumped up max version so you can continue to use it. Something must be going wrong with that, and I will have to investigate.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thank you again for your work to keep "Add-ons Button" up to date. But there still is something I don't understand: Why, at all, must the extension be updated to a newer version, though on my Pale Moon v28.1.0 (64 Bit) everything works fine with the "old" version 1.1.1?
ReportQuote
Honestly, I don't have a clue why it works on one and not the other. If you recreate/reinstall the extension it should not update now.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply