Post new Reply

I presume Google has changed something as I started to have a problem signing in to Google/Youtube. After a bit of tinkering I chased it down to Toolbar Buttons, then to the EDIT Animation Button /EDIT which has pop-up text "Stop Animated GIF's, Blink and Marquee tags".

If it is enabled it stuffs up the Google signin.
The symptom is after either,
a. Entering text-wise or selecting an existing account then Clicking Next, or
b. Selecting 'Use another account'

The next 'frame' displayed is whited-out (ie like greyed-out but with a white tone) and is not responsive to input. (I could upload an image, but I can't see how - maybe as I'm a new user??)

It makes sense, if they used animation etc, that it is blocked, so it may be expected behaviour.

I'm wondering whether you would consider an exemption to allow whatever Google is doing on that page only?

Also, the button doesn't prevent the Animated orange bar at the top of the Google signin box, should it?

This is on both Firefox ESR 52.3.0 (64-bit) & Pale Moon 27.7.2 (64-bit) with Toolbar Buttons 1.1 & 1.1.1-signed.1-signed (??)

Thanks for the Buttons, at one stage in debugging I thought I would have to live without horror.

Edited by MichaelAtOz on Feb. 24, 2018, 12:38 a.m.
Reason: correct button name

Edited by MichaelAtOz on Feb. 24, 2018, 12:38 a.m.

Actually, disregard that last post, I must have got my buttons twiddled up.
Hi, I must have missed this for some reason. Because of how the buttons are written, it would be very hard to make exceptions, since it is turning the settings of by changing settings in about:config. It is kind of a blanket on or off.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

OK, thanks for having a look.

Post new Reply