Post new Reply

I have several custom views set up in Thunderbird, typically one for each project I am working on (usually several at once). I would like to have tool bar buttons assigned to specific custom views so that I can quickly switch between views without having to use the drop-down menu. Is it possible to do this with the "Toolbar Buttons" extension?

Thank you and Best Regards,
ReportQuote
@Treblemaker

For this particular case I would say that maybe one of the Custom Buttons extensions would be more suitable.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search/?q=Custom+Buttons
Problem with those extensions, and the reason mine is much more popular is that you have to find or write the code for the buttons yourself.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I'd like to see a "Show cookies" button that would display the Cookies dialogue box (Tools --> Options --> Data protection --> Show cookies).
ReportQuote
Ok I just added that into the list.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi Michael,

Please add "Show passwords"
ReportQuote
Done :) number 13 in the Firefox list.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi,

Here's a few button requests:
- Buttons for folder views: All, Unread, Favorite, Recent
- Empty Gmail Spam: Like empty Junk but for Gmail's spam folder since messages there will generally not be marked as junk. Just empty the contents of \Spam for the selected account. (if that's possible...)
- Ability to rename the text labels for buttons (maybe through the custom button downloader). For instance, I'd like to rename "Delete" to "Trash" and "Deltete skipping trash" to "Archive" to match their Gmail functions...

That's really all I can think off. Everything else is there!

Thanks!
ReportQuote
Yes to the first, no to the second as it is to specific (the folder does not exist for many users/account). And I am working on the third request to rename buttons. "Delete skipping trash" does not work like an "Archive" button, as there is no way of getting the message back - it is gone for good. It skips sending the email to the trash (form where it could be recovered) and completely deletes it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi,

Sorry if it's already been asked for in previous messages, I was too lazy to check !

This feature would be, I think, very interesting :

- being able to come back to previous tabs, and to go forward to next ones

I'm not talking about reviewing all opened tabs one after the other, in the order they're displayed in the browser. I'm talking about, in case you have 30, 40 opened tabs - that may happen - and you use them to compare things, being able to come back to the tab you were previously on, maybe 10 tabs left from your current one, and not the simply next or previous one in their visual order. Because, sometimes, with so many opened tabs, you don't remember where you 've been previously.

Some kind of tabs history.

By the way, I hope my poor belgian english is not too bad !

So, what about this idea ?

And, to be perfect, it should be compatible with Tab Mix Plus, the extension that should be included in Firefox ...

Thanks a lot if you have time to think about this.
ReportQuote
QUOTE:
Yes to the first, no to the second as it is to specific (the folder does not exist for many users/account). And I am working on the third request to rename buttons. "Delete skipping trash" does not work like an "Archive" button, as there is no way of getting the message back - it is gone for good. It skips sending the email to the trash (form where it could be recovered) and completely deletes it.

The way Gmail's IMAP server works if you delete a message from the current folder it only deletes that copy of the message (equivalent to removing a tag from a message in Gmail's web interface) but doesn't delete other tags/copies of the message. So it will still be present in the All Mail folder or any other tag/folders it belongs to. So just deleting a message is equivalent to pressing the Archive button in Gmail's web interface. However, moving a message the /trash is equivalent to pressing Delete in Gmail's web interface. This not only removes the message from that folder but also from all folders including the All Mail folder.

So, if you set up a Gmail account to move deleted mail to the trash and you set up the trash folder to be /trash for that account, then pressing Delete in Thunderbird will move that message to the trash and be equivalent to "Delete" in Gmail's web interface. Pressing Delete-skip trash, on the other hand, will just delete the message from that folder, so this will be equivalent to pressing "Archive" in Gmail's web interface. So really, just renaming Delte-skip trash button to Archive would be good for me. But a general way to rename buttons would probably be more generally useful.

I noticed that there is a select all button so that's probably good enough for quickly deleting the Spam folder.

One other button that would be useful, though, would be a "Select Thread" button.

thanks!
ReportQuote
@Yvard
You only have to check the first post, I keep it up to date. And no it is not there. Adding a "Previously Selected Tab" (yes Magritte is going to come back asking for a way to make that shorter :P) would be feasible, so I will add it to the list.

@Magritte
Right I get the point now :o you can tell I don't use the my gmail address much. As I said in my last post, I am working on a solution for this (actually more than just change the label, everything actually, icon, tooltip, action etc) it just takes a bit to set up a system that remembers the changes made.
I added the Select Thread button to the list.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Enable / Disable Follow Meta-Redirects would be great.

This button was part of (no longer maintained) Toolbar Enhancements and the combination of Toolbar Buttons with TotalToolbar could just fill in.
ReportQuote
Added to the list

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Could you add a button that allows switching language correnction when writing e-mails? Cos I often write e-mails in english and in my mother language (portuguese) and I have to keep switching ortography checks.
Thanks alot
ReportQuote
I'd like to request a feature (dont know if its possible...):
It'd be very useful if the 'Delete Junk' button would be enabled only when theres
junk, like:

when click on Folder (
if there is junk ( enable button )
if there is not ( disable button )
)
and maybe like:
when press' Delete' or 'Delete Junk' or Got new Mail (
(same)
)
Thank you very useful extension ;)
ReportQuote
I could add a change dictionary button, I forgot had not done so already (I did it for Firefox).

As to the second request I will have to say no. If I had say 1000 emails in a folder it would take a while to actually check all of them, so doing something like that would really slow things down.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I am a recent convert to FireFox, rev 3.0.1.
I found your "ToolBar Buttons" rev 0.5.0.5 extension very useful.

I have a request / recommendation:

For newbies to Firefox and this extension, a list of buttons organized in table form would be very useful:
-- w/ sortable column headers
-- columns like:
-- icon,
-- name,
-- target apps (FF/TB/etc),
-- category (tabs/windows/etc)
-- sub-category ()
-- short description
-- link for full description or by hovering mouse-over
-- status (implemented / under beta / requested )
-- Rev# 1st implemented in
-- priority of request
-- other coumns

This would be of great use for new and advanced users.

Anil
ReportQuote
http://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/button_list?desc

That is about all I will do, maintaining all the data you requested is too much work and not a lot of fun.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I'd like to see a Toggle Menu button. With all the buttons available I really dont need the menu all the time.

Thanks.
ReportQuote
Been using Toolbar Buttons for quite awhile now. Thanks for taking the time to put together such a useful collection!

Just wanted to vote for the Toggle Tab Bar button. I know it's on the to-do list, but I'm hoping a vote or two will get it implemented sooner rather than later. The big problem with widescreen monitors is that they're limited on vertical space and even though there's a setting to hide the tab bar, there's no convenient interface.

Keep up the good work!
ReportQuote

Post new Reply