Post new Reply

I'm in desperate need of 2 buttons that I had for years-they all suddenly vanished. I searched for weeks in Firefox support & Mozilla-zine for help but have given up & need buttons, please.
'Wells Fargo Bank Online Website" (www.wellsfargo.com) to use when going to their Bill-Pay. Their icon is red box with yellow lettering saying, just imagine, Wells Fargo! They also have a stagecoach on site which could be used as button.
Second button includes red icon for Newfield National Bank, Newfield, NJ 08344. I had these two for years but recently lost all buttons, very suddenly, along with lots of other useful stuff. If you take care of button part, I'd be most grateful.
Earlier tonight, I left similar message after being on PayPal site and didn't want to post that info here. Natch, I got into ALL the detail.Found my post from 2009 & have added that button-thanks, yet again. You've been helping my PC life for long time, very helpful.
ReportQuote
Hi, I've used your Custom Toolbar Button Maker in the past to make custom buttons that launched bookmarklets (URLs using the javascript: protocol) rather than using a normal http: type of link, This however no longer seems to work. Did you change something?

In addition, it was possible to download an .xpi file with the custom button in it, how there is not only and "Create" button on the form which doesn't provide and option to do this. I did it because I often install the button in the Firefox on several different computer that I own. It would be great if you could provide the option to just download the extension again.

Custom Toolbar Button Maker is a great tool (and, yes, I've donated to support it).

Regards,

Martin
ReportQuote
I am guessing you are talking about the Custom Link Button Maker, but the Custom Toolbar Button Maker

But answering the question, that I think your asking... Yes I did change things, lots of things. When I updated the design of my site (which I guess you noticed) I also rewrote changed a lot of the backend stuff too.

Bookmarklets should still work find though, I just tested on with javascript:alert('hit') and there was no problems with it. What code are you using so I can check it out?

I put the option for downloading it back ;)

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I was happy to see the page update for the custom button maker. I configured a custom set of buttons for both FX and SM, but when installed, the button images were all generic "postage stamp" images. I entered the tbutton.jar file and found the same generic images for both small and large buttons. Is this because the button maker is still in beta stage? Also, selecting "Offer for download instead of installing." still insisted on installing instead of downloading in both FX and SM.
ReportQuote
@L.A.R. Grizzly

Strange, it was working when I last checked. I will check it out this afternoon, hopefully, it is just some setting that is messed up.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Everything worked out as expected today. Thanks, Michael, for fixing the errors. One more question, when using "Read Mail" in SeaMonkey, I enter the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe -mail (copied from the desktop shortcut for SM Mail) but the button fails to open SM Mail. Am I entering the correct path? I also tried the path without the "-mail", but it made no difference. The button works fine in FX (bringing up Thunderbird). It's OK since SM has its own button for mail in the status bar. I just thought it would be nice to have it the same as my FX.
ReportQuote
The "HTTP Nowhere" and "HTTPS Everywhere" add-ons are da bomb for privacy advocates, but sometimes you need to disable the add-on, or add the current URL to the whitelist for HTTP Nowhere. You can hunt for that in their menus, but I'd prefer buttons in the toolbar to do this directly, since it's so common.

Any chance of adding those to the button set? Ideally they'd toggle enable/disable functionality of those add-ons.

Thanks for your very helpful addition.
ReportQuote
And, by the way, *please* enable https for your website :)
ReportQuote
@L.A.R. Grizzly

I don't think the command line option is ever going to make it work such that SeaMonkey can call itself. What might be an option is to add a fall back so that SeaMonkey calls itself when nothing else is configured.

@BobD

I am sorry but I have a policy of not adding buttons to others extensions in Toolbar Buttons. If you want toolbar buttons for those add-ons I think it better you contact their authors, and ask them to add this feature.
Codefisher.org does have https if you want to use it. It is just not the default.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Sept. 25, 2014, 4:04 a.m.

ReportQuote
Thanks Michael, that's what I figured. No problem long as SM has its own mail button.
ReportQuote
Hello Michael;

I've really appreciated your extension for ages now...(I think I also donated way back when).

Anyways, I upgraded to FFox 33 (from 28) and they changed two buttons (in a way that annoys me to no end).

First, the reload page button is now permanently in the location bar.
I guess I'm an old dog, as I can't seem to retrain myself to go to that location - I always point the mouse to the immediate left of the location bar where I always had that button.
(I currently use your "Reload all open tabs" but would prefer to just reload the one I'm looking at.)

Secondly, the "Print" button was changed to "Print Preview".
I have never used print preview, and always just printed directly...especially when printing to PDFCreator.

I'd gladly donate again if you could restore/make these two buttons.
And thanks for your making this extension!

Regards;
Quin B.
ReportQuote
The reload page button has been requested a few times now. I put it on the Custom Button Maker a few days ago. If statistics say it is popular it will make it into the main extension.

I will look into the print button later today maybe. It should be very easy to add.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello Micheal;

Thank you for creating these two buttons!!

I went to send a little donation, but when I click the "Donate" button on this page ( https://codefisher.org/donate/ ), it returns a PayPal page with this error:

"paypal@codefisher.org
This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.
Your purchase couldn't be completed
There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later."

Thanks.
Quin
ReportQuote
Hi Michael;

Another forum bug... :'-(

I created an account, but I'm not able to read any forum threads.
All that displays is a reply box, no matter what forum I try to read.
(The same happens even with direct links to threads.)

I can view and reply only if I do so as a guest.

Thanks.
Quin.
ReportQuote
I think I have fixed the problem with my forum software, so that it should not happen again. You will not be able to test it properly as did a configuration change to your account that also solves the error (why I was not seeing it). Plus I added your posts to your account.

Donation invoice ids should not always be unique too :) Thanks kindly for yours ;)

Thanks for the reporting the problems. It helps I lot towards trying to develop this site into what I want it to be.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Nov. 7, 2014, 11:54 a.m.

ReportQuote
All seems to be working a-ok now. :-)
Cheers!
ReportQuote
This is a great add-on.

Please, could you add a button for "Delivery Status Notification"?
I checked, but it seems there is only the button for "Return receipt".

Just a feedback: I am using thunderbird 38.3 on mac and when I open the toolbar customization window I see all the button without the icon (only text is visible). When I add a button to the toolbar the icon appears.

Thanks, Paolo.
ReportQuote
Added to my list, I will get around to get eventually.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Музыка в машину - в данном разделе с музыкой, песни подобранны специально для прослушивания музыки по время езды, поездок, в машине, за рулем или будучи просто пасажыром. музыка в машину мр3
ReportQuote

Post new Reply