Post new Reply

I have created the "Search Go" and "Show All History" buttons. However they will not be appearing in the next version. What will happen is that I will put them in the Custom Toolbar Button Maker (I am working on updating that now - so it is not ready) and if they prove popular enough though that (I collect details stats) I will then add them into the extension. I will try and remember to post here when the CTBM is ready.

javascript:(function(){function t(f){a=d.createNodeIterator(d,1,f,false);while(a.nextNode()){}}var d=document;t(function(e){x=e.offsetLeft;l=e.offsetParent;while(l!=null){x+=l.offsetLeft;l=l.offsetParent}var w=d.documentElement.clientWidth-x;var s=e.style;if(s.marginLeft)w-=s.marginLeft;if(s.marginRight)w-=s.marginRight;if(s.paddingLeft)w-=s.paddingLeft;if(s.paddingRight)w-=s.paddingRight;if(s.borderSize)w-=s.borderSize;w-=d.defaultView.innerWidth-d.documentElement.offsetWidth;if(e.tagName=='IMG'){h=e.clientHeight*w/e.clientWidth;s.maxHeight=h}s.maxWidth=w+'px'})})();

Can you tell me what that is supposed to do? I can't really add that mess to my extension without tidying it up (it would not get addons.mozilla.org approval) which would be hard to do without knowing what it does. What exactly does it fit to width?
Bookmarklets like that can be put in to this to also create buttons BTW.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I would like Clear Recent History and Clear Cache buttons
ReportQuote
@Rick Harrington
Clear Cache is on the wish list (number 3)
ReportQuote
The button for "Clear Recent History" is labelled "Clear Data".

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
QUOTE:
I have created the "Search Go" and "Show All History" buttons.

Thank you!
QUOTE:
Can you tell me what that is supposed to do? I can't really add that mess to my extension without tidying it up (it would not get addons.mozilla.org approval) which would be hard to do without knowing what it does. What exactly does it fit to width?

"Fit to Width" is Opera-like behaviour, quite useful IMHO. If a webpage is too wide, this bookmarklet resizes the page so that it fits proportionally to the screen (by width only). This is not the same as zoom: zoom would actually proportionally decrease the entire page (both in height and in width, which means that the fonts etc. will not be of the same size). "Fit to Width" means that the font height etc. remain the same, only the page is rewrapped into the actual screen width. If the page becomes any higher, that would result only from the addition of lines due to rewrapping.
ReportQuote
The one button I'm missing is the drop-down History menu button. It would be so nice.

The Personal Menu add-on have this little wonder.
ReportQuote
QUOTE:
The one button I'm missing is the drop-down History menu button. It would be so nice.

I missed that one did I? Well that is an easy fix.

@andres99
Ok the opera like thing, That is kind of neat, though they do it much better. I might add it at some later date.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I'd like a button to log off the Master Password. Currently it's so embedded in the Options panel (Tools \Options \Andavced \Encription \Security Devices \Software Security Device \Log Out) it takes forever to get to. And thanks for the existing product.
ReportQuote
I will add it to the todo list.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi... I have one problem with Thunderbird that a custom button might solve?

Thunderbird... can open webpages in tabs.
I use the WebMail Notifier extension, which does this... opens webmail login pages... or the WMN forum page... then there are links that can lead elsewhere, still in the Thunderbird tab.

The one unfortunate thing about a webpage in a Thunderbird tab, is that there is -no- "back" button. For example, if I'm typing something in an input box on such a webpage and I accidentally click anything that changes the webpage... I can't go 'back' and I lose everything I've typed.

I know Thunderbird is not a web browser, but a button that would trigger the 'Back' function would be very useful, to me anyway. I've tried Alt+Left_arrow ...doesn't work. Not sure if it's possible, but that's why I'm asking ;). Usually links force open a browser, but apparently Thunderbird doesn't have to, all the time.

P.S. To preview, I forgot to click the Spam Bot Check and I got the "you're a bot" warning... which told me "Only humen members are wanted on this forum." Does that mean huwomen aren't welcome? Just a curious 'mail' (ok, ok... sorry ;)

ReportQuote
please add, Bulk Image Downloader

thx Dave
ReportQuote
Toolbar Buttons 1.0
FireFox 4

I'm wishing for a one click tinyurl. The current tinyurl involves clicking on a drop-down arrow then choosing an option. I think it used to just be one click and it would create the tinyurl and copy to clipboard all at once. More convenient than the current ver.
I guess I'd like a way to assign that first drop-down menu option to it's own, stand alone button.

Thanks!
ReportQuote
Hi everyone sorry for the slow reply, I had been told to get a web site ready to deploy in as few days as possible, so I have been busy.

@mrbunnylamakins
I will add you whole post to the to list, and work though what is practical when I can.

@RpD
Have you looked into a dedicated extension like ThunderBrowse for doing that?

<rant>
As to your last comment - that is just silly and shows a lack of the meaning of the words. Human, despite the ending, is a gender neutral word. Men (male - though it to can be used in the gender neutral sense), women (female - and only female), humen (both). How hard is that?
</rant>

@LocalHero
No it has always worked like that, nothing has changed. There is a better extension for that though http://codefisher.org/projects/xrl.in

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
"@LocalHero
No it has always worked like that, nothing has changed. There is a better extension for that though http://codefisher.org/projects/xrl.in"

Yes, this does what I'm looking for. I think I actually had this installed but didn't recognize the button for what it is and thought the program wasnt' working...

TinyURL used to have a similar icon in the lower right corner of my screen that was a one-click shorten/copy function. I think it was next to a status bar which I now realize is also missing. New "improvement" with FF4?

Thanks for the help!
ReportQuote
The add-on that added support for TinyURL.com might not support FF4 yet. I don't know, as I only use and promote xrl.in.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello again,

Is there any news about the availability of the Search Go button?
ReportQuote
hello man please help me i want to add this custom back/forward button in firefox. but i could not do it. please reply so that i could send you the image.
ReportQuote
I miss "Toggle the Add-On Bar" in FF4.
ReportQuote
I miss
- open new tab
- open new window

and the text "Link aus Zwischenablage" is too long write only "link"
ReportQuote
again, a button or menu instruction to 'permanently save this toolbar' for future retrieval. a button which when clicked will bring up a dialog to quickly create a bookmark button for sites you use constantly (such as the existing ones; PayPal, Ebay, Wiki, etc). Thanks!
ReportQuote

Post new Reply