Thread Closed

Hi, I have FF 2.0.0.7 and the latest versions of Minimize To Tray and Minimize To Tray Enhancer installed. Enhancer doesn't work, in the sense that even though the option start with Windows is selected, nothing happens.
I would dearly appreciate your help in this, thanks
ReportQuote
Sorry for the slow reply.

Are you using windows XP? I don't think it works in any other version of windows.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi, yes I use XP SP2 with the latest hotfixes.
Tha extension icon does appear in the bottom right corner, FF starts minimized when I launch it, but the issue is that FF doesn't start with windows even though the option is selected.
Same behaviour with Thunderbird.

No problem with the delay - would you prefer it if I email you?

Edited by Davide on Oct. 4, 2007, 3:04 p.m.

ReportQuote
No I prefer using the forum so others can read the response to0.

I need you to check if the correct registry setting is being made, to do this go Start then Run and type msconfig. Then go to the Start Up tag. Firefox/Thunderbird should be listed there in the Startup Item column. If they are check that the correct value is in the Command column. If they are not listed there I am going to have to try and work out why.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Ok, in fact FF is listed there (TB isn't but on second thought I later decided I did not prefer it loading at startup) but the Command value isn't right, as FF is not in the standard install folder but in a special one I created.
I guess now the question becomes, how do I modify the standard value so that it points at the correct location?
Thanks
ReportQuote
By editing the registry, but I would rather no go into that as it can be quite risky. I think I know why the extension is getting it wrong and have attempted to fix it. Can you go to http://codefisher.org/beta/ and download the minimizetotray_enhancer.xpi and install it. Then you will need to change the value of the check box so it is off and press the ok button in the options window. This should remove the incorrect value, then change it to on again and see if it has set the correct value this time.

Thanks for helping test the extension :)

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Downloaded the beta and installed. After FF restart went to the options window and when I click it I obtain the following message :
Error interpreting XML: undefined entity
Address: chrome://minimize/content/otions.xul
Line number 35, column 6
ReportQuote
Are you using non en-US version of Firefox?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Yes, the Italian one
ReportQuote
I unregistered all incomplete locales, can you please try again? You will need to redownload it.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Downloaded and installed it, FF starts with windows at boot!
However, the bottom right icon is still there but is inactive - clicking on it does not obtain any effect.
BTW, all of a sudden in the "options" menu I also see "Open Minizmize To Tray Options", is it new or it was never displayed on my box before?

Never imagined I would turn into a beta tester :)

Edited by Davide on Oct. 5, 2007, 9:21 p.m.

ReportQuote
When you say the bottom right icon, do you mean the one down by the clock, or the blue arrow in the status bar?

Yes the "Open Minizmize To Tray Options" is new, I though it was kind of useful.

I never thought I would be an extension developer or use things like the Firefox 3a9pre (alpha pre releases :O ) but things change.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Yeah, the options enhancement is useful, thank you.
I am referring to the blue arrow in the status bar (by the way, never seen the one down by the clock).
ReportQuote
I though you might have meant the Firefox/Thunderbird icon. You were very general about where it was and what it was.
But now you know why you don't normally use beta software ;) I broke that when I was trying to change how something worked. All fixed now. Sorry about that.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Downloaded the new beta, installed it and for me it works perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help
ReportQuote

Thread Closed