Post new Reply

After updating to 1.1.1 in TB 31.7, some buttons were missing from the toolbar, and I decided to restore the default set and start again. But after customizing again the menu toolbar with the buttons I wanted and choosing to see only buttons, I can see no icons, though the buttons are there: when the pointer goes over them there is a pop-up with the button name. No such problem with FF.

I would rather not have text, since it takes too much space, but I would like to see the icons of the buttons again!

I am wondering whether the issue has to do with the fact that the menu toolbar is colored with the colors of the Windows title bar...
ReportQuote
I don't know what would be the cause of this. But there is one part of your post I don't understand, what do you mean by "choosing to see only buttons"?
Can you confirm that the buttons look correct on the other toolbar for you?

EDIT: are you using the default theme, or some other theme?

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on May 29, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

ReportQuote
QUOTE: *
I don't understand, what do you mean by "choosing to see only buttons"?

Sorry, I meant only icons.

QUOTE:
Can you confirm that the buttons look correct on the other toolbar for you?

Right! I hadn't thought of trying it. They do look OK on the Mail toolbar.

QUOTE:
are you using the default theme, or some other theme?

I am using the default theme, however today something else transpired: the buttons disappeared from the Menubar, only Flexible... and Separators remain. And they are not in the Customize window either. I have to restore the default set and try again.

emf
ReportQuote
Ok, I will look into this further. It seems the menubar in Thunderbird is being really quirky in the latest release. It is working fine for me in my tests, but I will try and see if I can identify it soon.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Have you checked how the button icons look on a black background toolbar? That could be the problem.
ReportQuote

Post new Reply