Post new Reply

I installed Toolbar Buttons 1.1 in both SeaMonkey 2.26.1 and Thunderbird 31.6.0. I encountered some problems.

In SeaMonkey, the Open Ad-ons Manager button now works well. However, when I select Options for this extension in the Ad-ons Manager window, I get the following error popup:
>XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
>Location: chrome://toolbar-buttons/content/options.xul
>Line Number 128, Column 6:
><caption label="&firefox-extension.label;" />
>----------------------------------------^

In Thunderbird, some of the buttons I had already set via Toolbar Buttons 1.0.4.1 or earlier versions of the extension disappeared when I installed Toolbar Buttons 1.1. Using Toolbar Buttons 1.1, I restored those buttons; but when I terminated Thunderbird and relaunched it, those same buttons disappeared again. For Thunderbird (but not SeaMonkey), I reverted to Toolbar Buttons 1.0.4.1; and all buttons except the latest addition were restored. After restoring the one missing button (Select All), I terminated Thunderbird and relaunched it; and that button remained.
ReportQuote
That is disappointing, I thought I had it stable enough to release, since I was not having problems in my own testing. Looks like I will have to hold off on doing a release on addons.mozilla.org a little longer.

The error in the add-ons window is likely a minor bug in the build script. I will try and track it down. Are you using en-US or some other locale?

You say some disappear. Can you possibility list those that disappear and those that remain. Might help me work out what the difference between them are.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I get the same error in an en-US version of SeaMonkey.
Besides that, thank you :-)
ReportQuote
My locale for both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird is en-us.

With Thunderbird, the following buttons disappeared immediately after installing Toolbar Buttons 1.1 before I terminated Thunderbird: Zoom In, Zoom Out, and Reset Zoom. The following additional buttons disappeared when I terminated and then relaunched Thunderbird: Ad-Ons, Select All, Compact, and Delete Junk. When I reverted to Toolbar Buttons 1.0.4.1 in Thunderbird, all seven of those buttons reappeared.
ReportQuote
@DERoss
I put some of those buttons on the toolbar and was able to switch between the two versions without major problems. For some reason it would mix the icons up, but that is more likely a bug in 1.0.4.1 not unloading well, and a restart fixes it. All buttons remain on the toolbar for me.
Can you try removing 1.0.4.1 then restarting before you install 1.1. It might be some of the bugs in 1.0.4.1 causing a unclean shut down and messing up 1.1.

Finally can you post a screen shot of your toolbars. I will try and set up mine exactly the same to see if I can recreate the bug. I can't really fix the bug till I recreate it.
And it is likely better to get this done now! Since it is really not fun if what gets on AMO has bugs and everyone comes to report it...

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I removed Toolbar Buttons 1.0.4.1, relaunched Thunderbird, installed Toolbar Buttons 1.1, relaunched Thunderbird, manually restored the buttons that disappeared, relaunched Thunderbird, and saw that the restored buttons again disappeared. I then removed Toolbar Buttons 1.1 and reinstalled Toolbar Buttons 1.0.4.1 and saw the missing buttons restored without me having to do anything. At each step, I captured screen prints (a total of 8 JPEG files). How do I send you the JPEG files?

Note my configureation:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.6.0
NoGlass 0.10 theme with Trebuchet MS font at 13px (via Theme Font & Size Changer extension)

and the following extensions (plus Toolbar Buttons):
CompactHeader 2.0.9
Console2 1.0a5
MagicSLR 4.0.1
Mail Redirect 0.8.5
PopMailListRecipients 0.3
Reply to All as CC 1.4
Rise of the Tools 1.0.1.0
Send Filter 1.0.6
Signature Switch 1.6.13
Smiley Fixer 1.4
Theme Font & Size Changer 37.3
Toggle Word Wrap 1.9
ReportQuote
Ok, then not some strange interaction with the different versions. You could upload the images somewhere and post the links here, or send them all to support@___.org

Thanks for being persistent with this!

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Ok, I can reproduce your bug. Let you know when I have something that works for me. Hopefully a diff of the relevant file (customise.jsm) will reveal what I changed that broke this. I have changed that file a lot recently to fix other bugs, this must be some problem with one of the fixes.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I've an issue with the new version of 1.1 from May 16 (in SeaMonkey): newly added buttons don't work, a restart is needed.
ReportQuote
Ok, I will check that out too. Seems every time a squash one bug, another one comes up :(

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Since "no restart" versions not working with Menu Editor addon. Icons not working.
ReportQuote
@guest
I think that might be a little too hard for me to fix. I don't know how their extension works, but as more and more extensions start moving restartless mode, this is something they are likely going to have to deal with.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on May 20, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

ReportQuote
I'm having a similar issue with 1.1.1-signed. Menu spacing features (separators, space, and flexible space) do not remain in position following a restart. They don't vanish, but they do move to one end of the line of buttons. This appears to affect the 'Menu Bar' only.

eg:
B1 B2 Sp B3 B4

after restart becomes
B1 B2 B3 B4 Sp
ReportQuote
Forgot to mention that this is for Thunderbird 31.7.0 on XP.
ReportQuote
That's most likely Bug 962134 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=962134
ReportQuote
Odd, I have two buttons on my menu bar right now in Thunderbird with a spacer between, and I don't see this bug any more. I will mess about with button placements and see if I can recreate this, and see what I can do about fixing it.
Not likely anything to do with that bug. The bug would likely be somewhere in my CustomizableUI shim. Which is important that I get fixed, since it is likely to be included in future versions of SeaMonkey, and possibly other applications.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I have the same issue in Thunderbird 31.7.0 and later: as soon as custom buttons Profile Button and Search Addresses Button get updated to current version 1.1 they disappear, when reinstalling previous versions Profile Button 0.6.0.8 (very old, but that's the only one I have saved locally and it still works OK) and Search Addresses Button 1.0.2 directly over the latest 1.1 version, they appear again.
ReportQuote
@xpibutton
Can you email to support@{this domain} a screen shot of your toolbar set up as you want it (under 0.6.0.8 or what ever older version you have). I have enough reports to know this bug is real, but I need some hints on how to reproduce it.
1.1 introduce a massive internal change to make the extension one of the new style restartless extensions. There must be some bug in all the new code, just right now I can find it for looking.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on June 18, 2015, 4:49 p.m.

ReportQuote
I'm having problems with Toolbar Buttons 1.1.1-signed on Firefox 38.0.5.

Many icons in the toolbar are duplicated and when I go to the Customize page, no icons appear at all.

When I disable Toolbar Buttons and restart Firefox, no duplicate icons are in the toolbar and the icons appear in the Customize page.

I don't remember when this started happening, maybe a month ago.
ReportQuote
Jerry. I have no idea what would be causing that. It could be a conflict with another add-on or something like that. But I have never seen anything like that happen before, even with the buggy versions I end up with during development.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply