Post new Reply

i did a minimal setup using the custom button maker
i included said button, but it is not there (i made sure it is in the installed code)
Firefox Developer Edition 35.0a2 (2014-11-20)

BTW that feature to add a toolbar
can you make a option to define the exact number of new toolbars and there placement (add to top/bottom or browser window)

example:
http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/screenshot-11212014-120659am.php

Edited by az on Nov. 21, 2014, 12:08 a.m.

ReportQuote
on firefox 33 (my laptop)
the button seems disabled and looks to have a opacity of 0.5
ReportQuote
The error console might be a case of this https://codefisher.org/forum/thread/1637

To the other request, yes and no. I don't really want to add more options to that page, it has too many already. Also the toolbar feature is not heavily used, only about 5% of the time.
What I will do is add this in when I create an advanced version. So I will put a second submit button, that leads onto another page that lets you configure extra things for the selected buttons such as icon, label, keyboard short cut etc. But I am a long way from being able to do that yet.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
probably case nobody wants a auto determined number of toolbars, give them manual control over the number
*really just wants a addon bar that matches my firefox developer' stock theme*
ReportQuote
That is possible, but I am not convinced it is true. I would think it is more that give the limited number of buttons most people use they don't need a new toolbar for it.
But either way, you will have to wait till I create the advance version, then you can have everything you want.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Firefox no longer comes with a Addon bar or status bar (i have a addon for this)
you only get the menu bar, address toolbar, bookmarks bar, and tab toolbar
I'd like to see the option for a single toolbar, but if you have a script to add any number already may as well let people decide for them selves how many they want

there are a few buttons that should be removed form the official releases due to changes in firefox
domi, error console, email link (redundant), toggle statusbar
ReportQuote
I kind of agree, but I think adding such an option belongs on a page for advanced users, not cluttering up the already busy page. There is also the work around that if you want more then one, just make multiple extensions.

Domi and the error console are still useful in some cases. I use them a lot as an extension developer. Email Link could be removed, and I will do that. Toggle Statusbar has already is dropped from Firefox, but still exists for Thunderbird.

If you want a better idea of what might be added or removed look at this https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/statistics/
However I am kind of hesitant to remove something that is already included.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Nov. 23, 2014, 5:41 p.m.

ReportQuote
but for those to work you have to use another addon, and once you switch to the firefox developer build, you will not need a addon for them and the button can be updated to support the native feature
you can even domi from another computer over your network
ReportQuote
addons is also redundant
ReportQuote
I use them, they stay ;) I will work out to make them work also with the developer build when I get around to adding support for that.

Addons is #1 for popularity. No way it is going to be removed.
Also with the way things work, you can't have it on the toolbar, and in the 'menu' at the same time. Also I guess I lot of people don't work out they can move it from the 'menu' to the toolbar.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I just added a drop down menu to the add-ons button. So now it is better then the default, so I can justify it staying.
I am also thinking with the status bar toggle, it should be possible to have that detect the lack of the status bar, and recreate it if it is not there.

But that has to wait, current project is trying to make the extension install without restarting. It is not as simple as one would like it to be, but I think it should be do able for Toolbar Buttons. The problem is loading all the xul.

On a side note. You were talking about network.http.pipelining.maxrequests setting the other day. You know it actually should have no effect on Codefisher.org. I enabled SPDY, which supports multiplexing. So instead of doing say 4 requests, you made 1 request for 4 objects.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply